(November 15, 2018) The Best Place to Live in America* is recognized for the best social media campaign in the nation! Frisco took home top honors during the annual conference of the City-County Communications Marketing Association, or 3CMA, for Best Social Media Campaign for the “100 Days of Progress in Motion” campaign.
This recognition is one of ten recent national and state awards recently received by the City of Frisco, recognizing its efforts in graphic design, video production, marketing, social media, and for the city’s e-newsletter, Focal Point.
During the ‘100 Days’ campaign, City of Frisco staff produced one video daily over a 100-day period, highlighting different city departments, services and news updates on the city’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts. The campaign was also recognized on the state level, winning an ‘Award of Honor’ for video production from the Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers (TAMIO). Judges described the campaign as “a standout” with “exceptionally produced” video content.
“We’re proud of the way our Communications team was able to ‘tell the Frisco story’ so effectively over the past year,” said Dana Baird, Director of Communications & Media Relations.
“Our team has been innovative in using social media, video and other engaging channels to reach our residents. It’s an honor to be recognized at the national level for our creativity and commitment to engage with the public.”
In total, Frisco received five national Savvy awards during the 3CMA conference. Savvy Awards recognize outstanding local government achievements in communications, public-sector marketing and citizen-government relationships.
The city was also recognized for:
- Silver Circle Award – Frisco is Primed for HQ2 (Video Production)
- Award of Excellence – Focal Point Newsletter (Electronic Newsletter)
- Award of Excellence – Cottonwood Creek Greenbelt Brochure (Graphic Design)
- Award of Excellence – ‘See Yourself in Frisco’ (Marketing & Economic Development)
In addition to recognition for the 100 Days of Progress in Motion series, the city received four statewide awards at the TAMIO conference in June, including:
- Award of Excellence – “myFRISCO Mobile App”
- Award of Excellence – “100 Days of Progress in Motion” (Best Use of Social Media)
- Award of Excellence – “Frisco Freedom Fest” (Best Recurring Event)
- Award of Honor – “See Yourself in Frisco” (Best Media Relations)
*Money Magazine, Best Places to Live in America (2018)