A membership to The Grove at Frisco Commons gives you access to social events, services, recreational and fitness classes and the 30,000 plus square feet of fun. Membership is easy! Simply complete a Participant Information and Waiver Form (PDF) and provide valid identification. The Grove at Frisco Commons recreational facility is open to any adult who is 50 years old or better. However, a spouse of a member who is under 50 may also join. All activities are open to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, or socio-economical level.
The Grove at Frisco Commons is neither designated nor qualified as Adult Day Care. All participants must be able to physically care for themselves and take responsibility for their personal belongings and hygiene. This includes being able to navigate a walker or wheelchair. A caregiver or personal assistant must accompany any patron who is unable to function independently. Caregivers must have a note from a doctor and fill out a registration form before we can administer a caregiver membership.
Friendship Cafe Meals
Every weekday a delicious, nutritious lunch is served restaurant-style by a smiling Friendship Café representative. Reservations must be made by 1 p.m. the business day prior. Everyone is asked to give a donation of $5 per meal. However, no one is denied a meal due to the inability to pay. Join us for lunch and meet some new friends! Before your first dining experience, members are required to complete the Meals on Wheels application.
If you are interested in home-delivered meals through the Meals on Wheels program, please call the Collin County Committee on Aging at 972-562-6996 x123.
Our transportation program is a free service offered to members of The Grove at Frisco Commons who reside in the Frisco city limits and cannot attend the facility and its functions by any other means. Signing up for daily transportation is the participant’s responsibility. You may sign up in person, at the front desk or call our main number. If you are new to the program, a Transportation Participant Form must be filled out and approved by staff prior to being added to the list. Due to seat limitations and time restraints, this is a first-come, first-serve service. We can transport 14 members from/to the East and West daily.
- Member unable to drive and/or do not have a means of transportation.
- Member resides in Frisco City Limits with valid proof of Frisco residency.
- Member able to board and depart the vehicle independently and will take responsibility for personal belongings while on the vehicle.
- Member understands the routes and times of pick up from/return to home and will be ready 10 minutes prior.
- Member understands he/she cannot be added to the transportation list after 7 am as the driver is already in route.
- Member understands it is their responsibility to cancel rides by calling 972 292-6550. (Please call before 7 am. You may leave a message on our voicemail system.) Not canceling properly will result in being removed from the service list.
- Member will notify staff of any address and phone number changes.