Residential Trash Service
Residential trash is provided by Waste Connections.Curbside trash is a once-a-week pick-up. This service is fully automated (the driver does not leave the truck). Trash goes into the 95-gallon black collection cart, the base trash rate is one trash cart per single-family residence. To help prevent litter, please bag your trash.
Please follow these guidelines for trash pick-up in Frisco:
- Find your recycle and trash day here (PDF).
- Roll out for collection by 7 a.m.
- Carts should be spaced at least three feet apart and away from other obstacles.
- All trash must be inside the cart with the lid fully closed.
- Secure all trash items in plastic bags.
- Items outside the cart will not be collected, overloading the cart will result in non collection
Too Much To Fit in the Cart?
Paid pick up is available. Call Waste Connections for a quote at (469) 452-8000.
Large Item Collection
View the map to find out when you can throw away unwanted, large items. The map colors distinguish pick up zones.
There is a limit on the number of items (5) per pick up. Weight, size, and material restrictions also apply. To schedule a pick up, call Environmental Services at 972-292-5900 before 12 p.m. on the day prior to your pick up date.
Please call in with a COMPLETE LIST of your items for pickup (up to five are allowed). We are not able to add items to your list at the last minute. The request can not be changed once we send it over to Waste Connections. *Note: these services are for Frisco residents only, no contractor or commercial waste is accepted.*
The following items too large for the trash can are acceptable:
- Carpet, maximum 16 square feet
- Kitchen cabinets and counter tops (maximum 50 lbs. and 4 foot sections)
- Wood poles under 4 feet
- Automobile products and parts
- Garden fertilizers and pesticides
- Household chemicals
- Pool chemicals
- Tree limbs, stumps, and root balls
- Tile (contact Waste Connections directly for quote on removal at 469-452-8000)
- Televisions, any size
- Fencing (only one 6' section per month, no concrete)
For more information about renting a dumpster for residential remodeling, renovation or spring cleaning type projects, see the Rent-A-Bin Program.