Junior Police Academy
Thank you for your interest in JPA 2019. The classes are now full.
If you would like to be placed on a waiting list please email the Junior Police Academy and provide your child's name so that we may notify you in the event of a cancellation.
The Frisco Police Department offers young people the opportunity to experience law enforcement first hand through the Junior Police Academy (JPA). There is NO COST to students who wish to attend the academy. Students will learn the basic functions of a working police department, as well as have a chance to learn about a career in law enforcement. Students will have the opportunity to meet members of the Frisco Police Special Operations Unit (SWAT), 911 Operators, School Resource Officers, Crime Scene Investigators, Bike Unit, K9 Unit, Jail Staff, and Motorcycle Unit. JPA transforms the traditional role of the police officer into one of mentor and friend while encouraging youth to be partners in building a safer community.
JPA is open to students who live in Frisco or students who attend Frisco ISD schools. Students must be currently enrolled in the 6th or 7th grade at the date of application. Spaces in the academy classes are limited & cadet selection will be divided evenly to accommodate all 17 FISD middle schools. Application requirements include parental permission and medical release forms. The Junior Police Academy will be held at Hunt Middle School 4900 Legendary Drive in Frisco. Each academy runs Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. There is no class on Friday. There is no cost to students who wish to attend the academy. Students must have their own transportation to and from the academy and must be picked up by 4:30 PM. Once JPA Coordinators receive the application and it is approved, a confirmation letter with additional information will be sent to the email provided on the application. Confirmation letters will not be sent out until early May.
- Students must live in Frisco or attend Frisco ISD Schools
- Students must have successfully completed the 6th, 7th grade
- Students must be able to attend all four days of the academy
- Students must be able to pass a background check and be in good standing with no serious discipline issues or criminal issues.
In order to extend this opportunity to as many students as possible we will collect applications up until the deadline date & fill the classes according to the following:
- First time students will be placed in the order their applications were received.
- Students that have attended JPA previously, will be placed in the remaining spots.
- Once all of the academy classes are full, the enrollment process will be closed and students will be placed on a waiting list. If we have enough students on the waiting list to add an additional class, the applicants will be contacted with information on the additional class & sent a confirmation letter.