How to Handle Your Ticket


The Supreme Court of Texas' 43rd Emergency Order discontinues the blanket authority provided by prior Emergency Orders for all courts to modify or suspend any and all deadlines and procedures prescribed by statute, rule, or order. Therefore, all of the statutory deadlines and procedures regarding cases (including payment of judgment fines, fees and costs) in the Frisco Municipal Court are in effect beginning October 1, 2021. Refer to the instructions on your citation or judgment/order. If you like to know more about how your case may be affected, please contact the court clerk's office.

Option 1: Plead No Contest or Guilty and pay the fine. 

The court will enter a final judgment and close your case. You lose any right to request a Driving Safety or Deferred Disposition when you make a voluntary payment. You can pay using any of these ways:

  • Online - You can make a payment using our secure online system. This option is available 24 hours every day. Transaction fees will apply. I want to make a payment now.
  • By Phone - You may call 1-800-444-1187. A service agent will help you in making a payment. This service is available from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fees apply.
  • In-Person - You may appear at the Frisco Municipal Court during business hours, Monday through Friday. Fine payment extensions may be granted at the time of appearance.
  • By Mail - Check your plea on the reverse side of the citation. Mail it to the Municipal Court with a check or money order payable to the City of Frisco. Please see the Fines Schedule to find the amount you should remit for payment. 

You can avoid paying more fees for late payment by sending your payment on or before the due date listed on the citation.

Option 2: Plead Not Guilty and request a trial. 

If you wish to plead not guilty, you and/or your attorney must appear in person at the Municipal Court for a pre-trial conference.  You may request your case scheduled for court appearance by the following ways:

  • Online – You may request a court date through the online request form. I want to request a court date now.
  • In-Person – Appear in person to set a court date for a pre-trial conference. After you have entered a plea to the judge, a trial date will be set.
  • By Mail – You must write a letter entering a Not Guilty plea to the Municipal Court and include the following documents with your letter (1) Copy of Driver's License and (2) Copy of the Citation. Your plea by mail can only be processed with these documents. The court will set a pre-trial hearing date and send you a notice by mail.

If you plead not guilty, go to trial, and are found guilty, the Deferred Disposition and Driving Safety Course options are no longer available.

Option 3: Request the Driving Safety Course (DSC) or Motorcycle Operator Training Course. 

You may be eligible to have the citation dismissed by taking a Driving Safety Course (or a Motorcycle Operator Training Course if you were on a motorcycle at the time you received the citation). To protect this right, you must make your request on or before the response date listed on the citation.

I want to know more about the Driving Safety Course.

Option 4: Request Deferred Disposition (Probation). 

You must make your request on or before the appearance date listed on the citation. 

I want to know more about the Deferred Disposition.

Option 5: Request the dismissal of eligible offenses.

These include offenses for Expired Registration, Expired Driver’s License, Defective Equipment, or Insurance Violation. You must make your request and supply proof of remedy or correction on or before the date listed on the citation.

I want to know more about compliance dismissal.

Consequences of Ignoring a Citation

If you do not complete one of the five options listed within 20 business days from the date of the citation, the following actions may be taken against you:

  • An arrest warrant may be issued, at which time the fine amount can automatically be assessed the maximum allowed by law in addition to court costs and fees. 
  • If an arrest warrant is issued, the defendant will be subject to arrest at home, place of business, or wherever you may be found.
  • A request may be sent to the Texas Department of Public Safety for the denial of driver license renewal.
  • A complaint for Failure to Appear or Violate Promise to Appear may be filed.

Inability to pay a fine is not an excuse for failure to respond. Fine payment extensions may be granted in person at the time of appearance.

Special Instruction for Juveniles

Due to the COVID-19 Health Crisis, the Court may waive a required appearance for certain violations provided that the City Prosecutor and the Defendant have reached an agreement and the Court can provide notice to the Parent/Guardian of the Child of any agreement.  You can email the Juvenile Case Manager or call 972-292-5580 for more information.

Texas State Law requires that juveniles (age 10 to 16) must appear in person with a parent or legal guardian for a court hearing, regardless of the offense.    A court appearance must be made to request a Driving Safety Course or Deferred Disposition. For tobacco and/or alcohol offenses, any defendant under the age of 17 must appear with a parent or legal guardian.