Are you looking to make an impact in the community? Interested in gaining a better understanding about how your city works? The City of Frisco offers a number of opportunities for residents of all ages to get involved and stay connected! Learn more about the different opportunities below.
Boards and Commissions
- Apply to serve on one of our many City of Frisco Boards and Commissions
- Applications accepted annually during month of July.
City Council Meetings
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center, located at 6101 Frisco Square Blvd.
- You can watch City Council meetings live, as well as view videos from past meetings. View All Agendas, Minutes, and Videos
City Hall 101
- Go behind the scenes and learn more about the city you live in with City Hall 101.
- Spring session is currently underway. Applications for the Fall 2023 class are now open.
Citizen's Fire Academy
- Register for the Citizen's Fire Academy for an insiders view of Frisco Fire Department operations.
- The application period for the 2023 Fall session for CFA has closed. Stay tuned for information on the 2024 Spring session.
Citizen's Police Academy
- Get an closeup view into Frisco Police operations and register for Citizen's Police Academy.
- Registration for Fall 2023 session is underway!
Coffee with the Mayor
- Join Mayor Jeff Cheney for coffee and conversation! Held on the second Friday each month except July and December. Locations, guest speakers and topics vary.
- Next meeting: August 11
Community Awareness Night (CAN)
- Registration for the 2024 Frisco Community Awareness Night, Frisco's citywide block party will open sometime in June. Learn more.
- Check out photos from the 2023 Event on Facebook or WATCH this video.
- Community Captains are equipped to help keep Frisco environmentally aware. By learning and using simple techniques you can help raise your neighbors’ get WaterWise by participating in homeowners associations (HOA) and neighborhood events.
- Apply to become a Community Captain.
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) is an all-risk, all-hazard program training people to be better prepared to respond to emergency situations. /318/community-emergency-response-team-cert Learn more about this program.
- Spring 2023 class registration is now closed. Look for more information for our next class in January 2024. Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Focal Point Newsletter
- Stay on top of the latest news about your city government by subscribing to our eNews list.
Junior Citizen's Fire Academy
- Frisco Fire Department's Junior Citizen's Fire Academy is open to middle school aged students
- Two sessions offered annually in June. Applications are closed for 2023.
Junior Police Academy
- The Frisco Police Department's Junior Police Academy /317/junior-police-academy is a free program open to students who live in Frisco or students who attend Frisco ISD schools. Students must be currently enrolled in the 6th or 7th grade at the date of application.
- Applications are closed for 2023. Learn more about how to apply.
Mayor's Youth Council
- The Mayor's Youth Council offers 11th and 12th graders the chance to learn more about local government, leadership development and serving their community.
- Applications for 2023-2024 Council will open on September 1.
Municipal Volunteer Program
- Register with our Municipal Volunteer Program and help make a difference in your community.
- Learn more about ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Participate in our Town Hall meetings held usually twice a year - attend virtually or in person.
- Our next Town Hall is planned for September 25, 2023. Stay tuned for details!
Other Opportunities from Community Partners:
- Frisco Chamber of Commerce - Leadership Frisco
- Frisco Independent School District - FISDinsight
- Collin County District Attorney's Prosecutor Academy