Welcome to The Harvest
The Harvest at Frisco Commons is a communal space managed by the City of Frisco that offers raised garden boxes for annual rental, as well as public education space for Frisco residents and volunteers. Gardeners may grow vegetables, fruits, herbs, or flowers in their leased space. The Pollinator Ring surrounding the garden will be planted with native/adaptive plants that provide numerous ecological benefits, including increased produce yields in the garden. Questions? Contact the Natural Resources Division.
Celebrate with us at our Grand Opening!
The Harvest at Frisco Commons
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Saturday, October 23, 2021
9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
8000 McKinney Road, Frisco, TX
Facebook Event link
Grand Opening Special: "Groundbreaking Gardeners" receive initial lease period of October 2021 through December 2022, which includes three additional months of gardening for free!
'The Dirt' on Garden Boxes
Small Garden Boxes
- Size: 4 ft. x 10 ft. (40 sq. ft.)
- Cost: $75* per year (one-time, non-refundable fee; paid online)
- Frisco Households (i.e. families or individuals) may lease a limit of one (1) small garden box per year.
- All 4 ft. x 10 ft. garden boxes (either standalone or part of a divided 4 ft. x 20 ft. box) are for Frisco Households only.
Large Garden Boxes
- Size: 4 ft. x 20 ft. (80 sq. ft.)
- Cost: $150* per year (one-time, non-refundable fee; paid online)
- Organizations in Frisco (i.e. school or scout groups, sports teams, non-profits, etc.) may lease a limit of one (1) large garden box per year.
- All undivided 4 ft. x 20 ft. garden boxes are for Frisco Organizations only.
* In special cases, Garden Boxes may be leased mid-year at a reduced price (prorated by month).
Share the Harvest
All gardeners are encouraged to donate surplus produce to support Frisco families in need. Frisco households and organizations who wish to donate may contact the Frisco Family Services Market for facility hours and produce donation drop-off procedures.
You can help us grow!
Donate your time and/or resources to help our community garden flourish. Here are some ways to help:
Donate gardening supplies. Contact the Natural Resources Division if you have healthy plants, seeds, garden tools or other items that you would like to donate to The Harvest at Frisco Commons.
Participate in Volunteer Work Days. Whether you are a student seeking volunteer hours or you simply enjoy gardening, help is always needed (dates coming soon).
Organize a Special Service Project. Looking for a fun team-building activity? Perfect for teams, civic organizations and corporate groups, volunteering together is an impactful way to bring people together. To learn more about current garden needs, email the Natural Resources Division.