The Right-of-Way (ROW) Inspection Division is responsible for the management and permitting process for usage of City of Frisco ROW and easements.
Before any construction can take place in the City’s ROW or easements, a contractor must:
- Register with the City as a Right of Way contractor;
- Obtain an approved City ROW permit; and
- Complete ALL City water, sewer, utilities and traffic line locates.
These requirements ensure the protection of the City’s infrastructure as outlined in Chapter 78 of the City’s Code of Ordinances under Article II ROW Management (PDF), which was Amended by Frisco City Council on August 15, 2017. Ordinance Number 17-08-58 (PDF) went into effect on August 25, 2017.
For Chapter 284 Network Node installations, please visit the Network Node Permit page for more details on the required application process and submittal requirements.
If the work is ONLY located within TxDOT (Texas Department of Transportation) ROW, then a City of Frisco ROW permit is not required. However, the TxDOT ROW permit number is required on the Frisco’s line locate request form. Learn how to request a line locate in the City of Frisco.
Follow the NEW application procedures outlined below to obtain a ROW permit.
ROW Registration Application Submittal Instructions
(Registration as a Right-of-Way contractor is free.)
All applicants, contractors and/or subcontractors must be REGISTERED as a Right of Way contractor with the City of Frisco to obtain a ROW permit. Follow these steps to complete the FREE registration process.
ROW Permit Application Submittal Requirements and Tips
- Follow the instructions on the Plans & Permits webpage to create an account in the Plans and Permits portal.
- To submit a ROW permit application, follow the procedures outlined on Submit an Application (PDF). There is no fee to obtain a ROW permit.
- All required fields on the application marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled in or the application cannot be submitted successfully.
- All contractors and subcontractors listed in the ROW permit application must be registered as a Right-of-Way contractor for the permit application to be submitted.
- Upload and attach permit plans (in PDF format) as instructed in the How to Upload Files (PDF) The uploaded files must follow the Naming Convention (PDF) to process the permit review.
The permit plans MUST show all City of Frisco utilities based on record drawings (also
called as-built drawings) and any other required documents.
b. When installing and/or replacing Antennas, Radios, Coaxial Cables, or Brackets on City
structures, follow the Equipment Document Requirements (PDF) to process the permit
- To request record (as-built) drawings, email [email protected] and follow the request instructions as specified on the Request Record Drawings webpage.
- Please allow 5 business days for permit review after all required permit information is submitted.
* The approved ROW permit and accompanying approved plans MUST always REMAIN on the job site while the permit work is in progress. *