Historic Preservation Tax Incentive Program
The City of Frisco currently offers a Historic Preservation Tax Incentive. This program provides incentives to owner-occupied residential households in the Original Town Residential (“OTR”) Zoning District who own and reside in a historic home receiving Eligible Property Designation.
Levels of Incentives
Restoration Incentive: Available for homeowners investing amounts in excess of five percent (5%) of the property value in a major rehabilitation project.
- Pre-approval shall be obtained before eligible expenses are incurred. The homeowner shall submit a formal request, and it shall be signed and sworn by the owner of the property. For more information about the formal request, please email the Grants Coordinator or call 972-292-5108.
- For every dollar spent on qualifying expenses, the owner may receive an exemption equal to six dollars (6:1 ratio) off the assessed value of the structure with a maximum incentive of one hundred percent (100%).
- This exemption would remain effective for ten (10) years.
Preservation Incentive: Available for homeowners investing amounts less than five percent (5%) of the property value in minor rehabilitation and/or preservation expenses.
- For every dollar spent on qualifying expenses, the owner may receive an exemption equal to six dollars (6:1 ratio) off the assessed value of the structure.
- Owners are permitted to apply for this incentive once every two (2) years.
Historic Landmark Incentive: Available for homeowners have completed major restoration on their primary residence and wish to commit to protecting the property as a permanent historic resource for the City of Frisco.
- Owners may receive an automatic fifty percent (50%) exemption off of the assessed value of their structure as long as the home remains owner occupied.
- For more information, or to apply for a Historic Marker, please contact the Frisco Heritage Association.
View or download the application online.
View or download the Ordinance online.
For more information on the Historic Preservation Tax Incentive Program or to set up an appointment, please email the Grants Coordinator or call 972-292-5108.