Contractor Registration Information

Contractors must register with Building Inspections prior to doing work in Frisco.  To register, submit an online registration application, insurance information, and a copy of master's license(s), and pay registration fees.  When registered, an "R-Number" is provided and expires one (1) year from date issued.

Note: All information is required and subcontractors must be validated prior to permit issuance to begin any work in the City of Frisco, Texas or ETJ, when applicable.


This is Building Inspections’ online permit tracking system that contractors may use to view permit status, request inspections, and search information, such as currently-registered contractors authorized to work in Frisco.

  1. Registration
  2. Inspections
  3. Other Information

Registration Process

To register, go to eTRAKiT and complete the following steps:

  1. Fill in the Company information and choose a password and security question/answer.
  2. Fill in the Contact information.
  3. Review the information and submit.
  4. Follow instructions on the Confirmation page to submit required documents.
  5. Click on VIEW AEC to see your registration and get your registration number (R-Number).

Your registration will be in a pending status until the documents are received. Please email registration documents to [email protected]


Below are trades that must register with Building Inspections prior to permit issuance:

  • 3rd party rater,
  • electrical contractors,
  • engineer of record (EOR) [residential only (structural / foundations)],
  • fence contractors (including retaining walls and screening walls),
  • general contractors,
  • mechanical (HVAC) contractors,
  • plumbing contractors,
  • pool contractors, 
  • sign contractors,
  • backflow contractors must register at Frisco Public Works at 11300 Research Road,
  • franchise utility contractors must register on the Right-Of-Way page,
  • irrigation contractors must register at Frisco Public Works at 11300 Research Road.

Contractors who retain a State license are verified through regulatory authorities, i.e., Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners (TSBPE), Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR), et al.  A copy of master’s license(s) will be required.

Insurance Requirements

Contractors working in Frisco must carry:

  • General Liability – 'Commercial General Liability’ [Note: engineer of record (EOR) is required to provide with a minimum of $1 million for each occurrence],
  • Certificate Holder shall be: 'City of Frisco', 6101 Frisco Square Boulevard, Frisco, TX 75034

You must provide Form Acord 25 (most recent version) with insurance requirements that provide:

  • Producer (your insurance provider with all contact information, including phone number)
  • Insured (your company’s name and address)