- Development Services
- Building Inspections
- Contractor Registration Information
Contractor Registration Information
Contractors must register with Building Inspections prior to doing work in Frisco. To register, submit an online registration application, insurance information, and a copy of master's license(s), and pay registration fees. When registered, an "R-Number" is provided and expires one (1) year from date issued.
Note: All information is required and subcontractors must be validated prior to permit issuance to begin any work in the City of Frisco, Texas or ETJ, when applicable.
This is Building Inspections’ online permit tracking system that contractors may use to view permit status, request inspections, and search information, such as currently-registered contractors authorized to work in Frisco.
To register, go to eTRAKiT and complete the following steps:
- Fill in the Company information and choose a password and security question/answer.
- Fill in the Contact information.
- Review the information and submit.
- Follow instructions on the Confirmation page to submit required documents.
- Click on VIEW AEC to see your registration and get your registration number (R-Number).
Your registration will be in a pending status until the documents are received. Please email registration documents to [email protected].
Below are trades that must register with Building Inspections prior to permit issuance:
- 3rd party rater,
- electrical contractors,
- engineer of record (EOR) [residential only (structural / foundations)],
- fence contractors (including retaining walls and screening walls),
- general contractors,
- mechanical (HVAC) contractors,
- plumbing contractors,
- pool contractors,
- sign contractors,
- backflow contractors must register at Frisco Public Works at 11300 Research Road,
- franchise utility contractors must register on the Right-Of-Way page,
- irrigation contractors must register at Frisco Public Works at 11300 Research Road.
Contractors who retain a State license are verified through regulatory authorities, i.e., Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners (TSBPE), Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR), et al. A copy of master’s license(s) will be required.
Contractors working in Frisco must carry:
- General Liability – 'Commercial General Liability’ [Note: engineer of record (EOR) is required to provide with a minimum of $1 million for each occurrence],
- Certificate Holder shall be: 'City of Frisco', 6101 Frisco Square Boulevard, Frisco, TX 75034
You must provide Form Acord 25 (most recent version) with insurance requirements that provide:
- Producer (your insurance provider with all contact information, including phone number)
- Insured (your company’s name and address)
Inspection Requests and Inspection Cancellations
- Online using eTRAKiT before 7 a.m. on the day of inspection. The telephonic inspection request line is discontinued effective March 1, 2021.
- Inspection cancellations are required before 8 a.m. To request an inspection cancellation, the assigned inspector must be contacted to discuss the cancellation fee(s) and purpose for cancellation. Building Inspector Contact Information (PDF)
Permit cancellations may be requested and will be considered by the Building Official or authorized designee. A permit cancellation request shall be submitted electronically using a valid contractor’s Registration Number (or permit holder’s) and email address on file at Building Inspections, including contact information and signature.
Permit cancellation request shall include:
- Today’s date,
- Permit cancellation date (date the work stopped),
- Permit Number,
- Property address (where work is to be cancelled),
- Reason for permit cancellation, and
- Permit holder’s email address will be sufficient if it is from applicant who makes a permit cancellation request.