New Employee Wellness Program
The City of Frisco provides the opportunity for new hires to earn wellness incentives through the City’s Wellness Program. If you are a new hire with the City and you enroll in one of the City’s medical plans, you are eligible to participate in the Wellness Program.
Employees Hired after September 2, 2020:
Your Benefits-effective date with the City puts you eligible to participate in the City's 2020-2021 Wellness program. This program will start November 1, 2020 and you will be able to earn incentives for the 2022 program year.
By participating in the wellness program, you can lower the rate you pay for medical premiums. You can also earn dollars for your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) than can be used to pay for medical, dental, pharmacy, and vision expenses not covered by insurance.
2021 (Current Year) Wellness Premium Incentives:
- New hires receive the Healthy Measures Premium Incentive automatically. This is $20.00 reduced from your Medical deductions. New hires must begin participating in the wellness program upon hire in order to earn the wellness Incentives for the next calendar year.
- If you tested negative for Cotinine (Tobacco) during your pre-employment drug screening, you earn the Tobacco-Free Premium incentive for 2021 and 2022. This is $25.00 reduced from your Medical deductions.
When you earn the Healthy Measures and Tobacco-Free Medical Premium incentives, you pay the lowest rate for Medical Premiums.
- Specifically for new hires: Complete a biometric screening and submit results to Asset health for bonus HRA dollars that are earned for calendar year 2021. Please allow three weeks after your biometric screening date for the 2021 HRA dollars to deposit to your mycigna account.
|Benefits Effective Date||2021 HRA for Completing Screening|
|Benefits Effective 11/1/2020 - 3/31/2021||$500 HRA Dollars|
|Benefits Effective 4/1/2021 - 10/31/2021||$300 HRA Dollars|
See our Biometric Screening page for options on how to get your biometric screening completed within this wellness year.
Tested positive for Cotinine (Tobacco)?
- To earn the Tobacco-Free Premium Incentive, you must complete the City’s Reasonable Alternative Standard (RAS). See timeline below for completing the RAS (Tobacco-Free Me Program)
- Complete within 30 days of your benefits effective date - your premium incentive amount will increase by $25 per paycheck and you receive a refund for the paychecks that did not include the Tobacco-Free Premium Incentive.
- Complete after 30 days, but prior to the deadline (October 31, 2021), your premium incentive will reflect the Healthy Measures -$20 per paycheck incentive for 2021 (no refund) and you earn the Tobacco-Free incentive for 2022.
- A failure to complete the program by October 31, 2021, you do not earn the Tobacco-Free premium incentive for 2022.
- To complete the RAS, you must complete Asset Health’s Tobacco-Free Me coaching program. The program is a minimum of 4-weeks online/phone coaching program.
Actions Required to Earn 2022 Wellness Incentives:
To earn the wellness incentives for 2022, you must participate in the wellness program and meet the healthy measures standards. You have until October 31, 2021 to earn the 2022 Incentives offered.
- Healthy Measures Premium Incentive: $20 per paycheck off your Medical Premiums for meeting at least three of the five health measures from your biometric screening results. Asset Health offers a RAS if you are unable to meet 3 of 5 measures. Review your Asset Health portal on how to complete RAS to earn this incentive for 2022.
- Tobacco-Free Premium Incentive: $25 per paycheck off your medical premiums for testing tobacco free within the wellness year or completing the RAS (Tobacco Free-Me coaching program through Asset health).
- Up to $800 towards your HRA for 2022 - one time deposit on 1/1/2022.
For each health measures you meet from your biometric screening, you earn $100 HRA dollars for your 2022 account. There are additional programs and activities during the wellness program year that allow you to earn additional HRA dollars up to the maximum of $800. However, this is all contingent that you complete your biometric screening before 10/31/2021.
Explore your online wellness portal here: www.assethealth.com/Frisco If it is your first time logging in, please review the instructions on the login page of Asset health.