Name a Park
The City of Frisco invites citizens to participate in the naming of Frisco Parks and Recreation parks, trails and facilities. Locations that are up for naming will be listed here along with deadlines.
Current Park & Trail Sites up for Naming Consideration
Deadline - Jan 8, 2021 at 5 p.m.
First Street Park
Located in the heart of downtown Frisco, this site is located at the southwest corner of First Street and Ash Street. It lies across the street from the historic Hamilton Chapel Baptist Church. This park was developed in 1980 as a part of a US Department of Interior grant. This small neighborhood park known as First Street Park has been a part of Frisco since the 1980s and is slated for reinvestment and renaming. Name submissions for this site will close on Jan. 8, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Northeast Community Park
This large community park currently known as Northeast Community Park is located at the southeast corner of Panther Creek Parkway and Honey Grove Drive. This 73 + acre community park was acquired in 1999 and was originally master planned in 2014. The park is home to lighted game fields for soccer as well as two cricket pitches, playground and pavilion. The Frisco Skate Park is also located here and is one of the largest skate parks in North Texas. Name submissions for this site will close on Jan. 8, 2021 at 5 p.m.
How to propose a name for a park, trail, facility or facility asset:
2. Fill out and submit the online application form, or download a copy in PDF format. Printed applications may be mailed or hand-delivered to Frisco Parks & Recreation, Rick Wieland, 6726 Walnut Street Frisco, TX 75034, or emailed to Rick Wieland.
3. Email supporting documents (letters of support, articles, commendations, etc.) to Rick Wieland, Frisco Parks & Recreation Assistant Director, or mail/deliver to address above.
Applications that are complete (including any supporting documents) and submitted by the deadline will be considered by the Park Naming Committee. The Park Naming Committee reviews applications and makes recommendations to the City Council for approval.
The Park Naming Committee is comprised of:
- Parks & Recreation Board (two members)
- City Council (two members)
- Frisco Community Development Corporation (two members)
- Frisco Heritage Association (one member)
Need more information? Please email Rick Wieland or call 972-292-6500.