Frisco Discovery Center Rentals
The Frisco Discovery Center serves the local community by renting space for events involving theater, dance, visual arts, music and more. Rental space for corporate events may be accommodated during daytime, weekday hours only. If your organization's address is in Frisco, inquire about our reduced rental rates!
Check out the available rental spaces on this page and contact us with any questions. We're excited to help make your special event a great experience for you and your guests!
Black Box Theater Rentals
Submit requests for bookings as soon as possible, as this venue is frequently booked up to 18 months in advance. Requests are processed on a first-come first-served basis. Hourly rates in this space range from $35 to $100 per hour. Complete the Discovery Center Request Form Online to apply for dates through 2022! Please note that requested dates are not held until an application, signed contract, and deposit are received.
Dance Studio Rentals
This new space includes use of a production-quality lighting grid, sprung wood floor, mobile mirrors and barre, and seating for up to 100 attendees. Requests for rentals will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Hourly rates range from $35 to $100 per hour. Complete the Discovery Center Request Form Online to apply for dates through May 2022! Please note that dates are not held until an application, signed contract, and deposit are received.
Frisco Art Gallery Rentals
- Frisco Art Gallery (Main, Reception, or both), $325 for 2 to 5 weeks.
- Art Reception rental rates are $35 per hour and includes use of the gallery space with up to two tables. Ensure your rental times account for setup and takedown of the event.
- No commission is collected on any artwork sold. Potential buyers will be put in touch with the artist.
Interested in hosting or entering an exhibition in the Frisco Art Gallery? Email Paige Points or call 972-292-6652 to discuss available dates.
Additional rental spaces
Other rental spaces are available on a first-come first-served basis for art related rehearsals, workshops, or classes. A variety of rooms are available based on size and need. Complete the Discovery Center Request Form Online to apply!
Complete the Discovery Center Request Form Online to apply! **Make sure your date(s) are at least 2 weeks out from the date of application, as it takes time to process paperwork, secure insurance, any food permits, etc.**
Questions about Discovery Center rentals?
Contact Paige Points by email ([email protected]) or phone (972-292-6652).
How far in advance can I make my reservation?
- The Discovery Center accepts reservations for the Black Box, Classroom, and Art Gallery on an annual basis for the upcoming calendar year. Reservations for the Dance Studio are accepted on an annual basis through the end of the upcoming school year. All reservations are first-come first-served.
How soon can I book a reservation?
- The Discovery Center requires at least two weeks’ (14 days) for any events.
What is the maximum capacity?
- The Black Box has a maximum of 140 persons (including up to 100 seated guests), the Classroom has a maximum of 65 persons, and the Dance Studio has a maximum of 140 persons.
Can I host a non-arts related event at the Frisco Discovery Center?
- You are encouraged to contact the partner museums of the Frisco Discovery Center (National Videogame Museum, Traintopia, and Sci-Tech) for non-arts rentals. Our spaces are optimized for the arts and are not available for non-arts rentals. Please call to inquire about daytime corporate reservations Monday-Friday.
How early before my reserved time can I arrive?
- You can be let in to your space up to 5 minutes early, schedule permitting. Setup and teardown must be included in your contracted time.
Can we have food and drink in the space during the rental?
- Closed, lidded water bottles (water only) are always allowed in the Frisco Discovery Center. If you have additional requests, please list this on your application for consideration.
Are there any discounts on rental fees?
- Rentals at the Frisco Discovery Center are subsidized by funding from the Frisco Community Development Corporation in effort to make the arts more accessible. As such, no discounts are available beyond your contracted rate.
What if I need to reschedule or revise my rental?
- You may reschedule or revise any reserved dates up until 14 days before the first date of your contract. If you need to reschedule or revise your dates within 14 days of the start of your contract, this will be subject to availability and may incur additional fees. Weather-related cancellations are subject to the discretion of City staff.
Do you have staff who will run my production (technicians, tickets, concessions, stage managers,…)?
- No, all positions will need to be filled by your own volunteers or staff. If you need technicians, please let us know at the time of application so we can refer you to an outside contractor.
My students/guests are interested in Videogames, Trains, and/or Science, can we go into the partner museums at the Frisco Discovery Center (National Videogame Museum, Traintopia, and/or Sci-Tech)?
- Admission to partner museums is not included in the cost of your rental and must be purchased separately for admission during normal operating hours of partner museums.
Questions about Discovery Center rentals?
Contact Kiele Cox at [email protected] or 972-292-6653.