The Right-of-Way (ROW) Inspection Division is responsible for the management and permitting process for usage of City of Frisco ROW and easements.
Before any construction can take place in the City’s ROW or easements, a contractor must:
- Register with the City as a Right of Way contractor;
- Obtain an approved City ROW permit; and
- Complete ALL City water, sewer, utilities and traffic line locates.
These requirements ensure the protection of the City’s infrastructure as outlined in Chapter 78 of the City’s Code of Ordinances under Article II ROW Management (PDF), which was Amended by Frisco City Council on August 15, 2017. Ordinance Number 17-08-58 (PDF) went into effect on August 25, 2017.
For Chapter 284 Network Node installations, please visit the Network Node Permit page for more details on the required application process and submittal requirements.
If the work is ONLY located within TxDOT ROW, then a City of Frisco ROW permit is not required. However, the TxDOT ROW permit number is required on the Frisco’s line locate request form. Learn how to request a line locate in the City of Frisco.
The following steps must be completed to obtain a ROW permit.
** ROW permit and Contractor Registration (Right of Way) applications MUST be submitted online using eTRAKit. **
ROW Registration Application Submittal Instructions
All applicants, contractors and/or subcontractors must be REGISTERED as a Right of Way contractor with the City of Frisco to obtain a ROW permit. Follow these steps to complete the registration process.
ROW Permit Application Submittal Instructions
Before beginning the submittal process, the applicant must acknowledge that any required fees will still need to be paid before a ROW permit is issued.
- Applicant must log into eTRAKit.
- After logging in, enter a new 6-24 character password. The password will be used for future logins.
- All eTRAKit questions MUST be answered.
- The project location must be entered at the bottom of page one. The parcel data comes from the county, and the addresses might not be updated or available for your specific area of work. If the project address is not available or your job expands beyond one address, enter the street or a street close by and press enter. A list of addresses on that street will appear on the screen. Select a nearby address and press enter. **It is very important that you detail the project location at the top of Page 1 in the note section.**
- The Job Value is required and should be set to $0.00 for all ROW permits. On page 2 of the online permit submittal, the Owner information will automatically fill in the owner information chosen for the Location on Page 1. Therefore, the owner information MUST be changed to the project owner’s contact information.
- A completed ROW permit application form (PDF) must be uploaded and attached in PDF format to the ROW permit number the applicant is given in eTRAKit in order to review and process the permit.
- Upload and attach project plans (in PDF format) to review and process the permit. The plans MUST show all City of Frisco utilities based on record drawings (also called as-built drawings) and any other required documents.
To request record (as-built) drawings, email [email protected] and include the following information:
a) a map showing an outline of the area of the requested
b) a description of your request in the email
Record (as-built) drawing requests will be processed within 5-7 business days. Once they are processed, the applicant will receive an email with instructions on how to retrieve the plans from the City’s FTP site.
- If the permit requires any changes or additional information, a notification will be sent to the applicant’s email, which was provided in the ROW permit application process.
- To see the status and/or upload files for the ROW permit application, you must login under your Right of Way registration in eTRAKit.
- Please allow 5 business days for processing.