Second graders visiting Frisco Fire Safety Town will study “Fire Safety and Burn Prevention” during their safety program. The class will last approximately one and a half hours and includes:
- a short classroom presentation
- student will ‘escape’ from a child’s
bedroom as it fills with smoke
- bike riding time in the outdoor town
During the class, students will learn:
- how to draw a map of their home with escape routes clearly marked for each room
- the danger of smoke and heat
- what tools firefighters use to put out fires
To assist classroom educators, we have created a Teacher & Parent Resource Page that includes TEKS correlations, chaperone information and more.
The second grade classroom has a maximum capacity of 45 children. Programs are taught twice each day at 9:30 a.m. and again at 12:00 p.m.
Currently, those elementary students attending public, private or home schools in Frisco or Frisco I.S.D. will have priority when scheduling programs.
Other schools or districts who would like to visit Frisco Fire Safety Town will be accommodated as scheduling permits. We will work with your group to try to arrange scheduling for your grade level or campus.