Fourth graders visiting Frisco Fire Safety Town will study “Severe Weather & Disaster Preparedness” during their safety program. The class will last approximately one and a half hours and includes:
- a short classroom presentation
- a simulated severe weather
- students will seek shelter from an
approaching tornado in our
- disaster bag assembly exercise
- bike time in the outdoor town
During the class, students will learn:
- what types of severe weather most impact us in North Texas
- the difference between a severe weather ‘watch’ versus a
- items to pack in a disaster supply kit
To assist classroom educators, we have created a Teacher & Parent Resource Page that includes TEKS correlations, chaperone information and more.
The fourth grade classroom has a maximum capacity of 45 children. Programs are taught twice each day at 9:30 a.m. and again at 12:00 p.m.
Currently, Frisco I.S.D. will have priority when scheduling programs. Other school groups or districts who would like to visit Frisco Fire Safety Town will be accommodated as scheduling permits. We will work with your group to try to arrange scheduling for your grade level or campus.