The Housing Trust Fund currently offers a Down Payment Assistance Program designed to help low and moderate income families employed by the City of Frisco or the Frisco Independent School District to purchase a home in the City of Frisco.
The Frisco Targeted Down Payment Assistance Program
Families with at least one adult working full-time FOR the City of Frisco or Frisco ISD for at least 6 months may be assisted in purchasing a home in Frisco.
The program provides forgivable loans of up to $5,000 to qualified homebuyers for the purpose of down payment and closing cost assistance.
Eligible households must be first time homebuyers (with some exceptions).
Income and purchase price limits vary by family size. Household income for a family of 1 or 2 cannot exceed $66,500 and 3 or more cannot exceed $76,475 in order to be eligible for the program (see the TDPA brochure for more details).
The Down Payment Assistance Program can be used with other First Time Homebuyer Programs to help make homeownership possible for almost everyone.
Click here to download an application for the Down Payment Assistance Program.
The following documents should be attached to your application and the entire package should be sent to the contact information below:
- 1 month of pay stubs for all adult household members
- Income documentation from other sources (e.g. social security, child support, disability, etc.)
- Asset statements (e.g. stocks, bonds, CD's, money market funds)
- 6 months of bank statements for all adult household members
- 3 years of tax returns
- A pre-approval letter from a lender for a mortgage
- Copy of Social Security Card (for all adult household members)
- Copy of Drivers License (for all adult household members)
- Required eight-hour HUD-approved Homebuyer Training program. The City of Frisco partners with the City of Plano, Allen, and McKinney to offer one class per month at the City of Plano. For class registration, please call Terri Monroe at 972-941-7665.
To schedule an application interview, please contact:
City of Frisco
6101 Frisco Square Blvd, 5th Floor
Frisco, Texas 75034
The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of: race, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and familial status. For more information on fair housing, click here, and for information on how to submit a fair housing complaint, please click here.