The Custer Road Transfer Station
9901 Custer Road*
*East of Preston, south of S.H. 121, near intersection of Ridgeview and Custer Roads
Click for Map
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(All items must be less than six feet in all dimensions)
(one section under 6 feet)
- Household trash
- Kitchen cabinets
(must be free of gasoline and oil).
- Metal and wood poles (under 4 feet and free of concrete)
- Motor Oil
- Outdoor grills
(limit 2 per visit - no commercial drop off)
- Tree limbs, stumps, roots
- *'White Goods': old appliances, stoves, washing machines, water tank heaters, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners
- Dead Animals
- Dirt/Soil/Sod (see construction waste below)
- Hazardous waste: automotive products (other than motor oil), chemicals, flammable liquids, medical waste, pesticides, paints, thinners, solvents, etc.
ID required: valid Texas Driver’s License and current copy of Frisco water bill with matching address to driver's license.
*'White goods': Stoves, washing machines, water tank heaters (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners are not required to be tagged “freon-free” by a certified technician) if they are taken to the Parkway Station located at 4030 W. Plano Pkwy in Plano. Same ID requirements are applicable. Frisco citizens can also bring these appliances to the Environmental Collection Center during HCD hours (Wed. 2 - 5 p.m., Sat. 8 a.m.- 1 p.m.). Appliances containing freon will not be accepted at the center unless resident agrees to pay a $40 Freon extraction fee (per unit). Fee will be applied to residential water account (no funds accepted at center). Call Frisco Environmental Services at (972) 292-5900 for more information.
Hauling Requirements: All loads must be covered before transporting to The
Custer Road Transfer Station in accordance with state law. No uncovered loads
will be accepted.
If you are planning to use the Custer Road Transfer Station...
(9901 Custer Road) be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Loads must arrive in a passenger vehicle or pick-up truck.
- Trailers of any size are acceptable as long as they are towed behind a passenger vehicle or pick up truck.
- Rental trucks from Lowes or Home Depot are also acceptable.
- Visits limited to two times per month, ID required valid TX driver’s license and current original Frisco water bill (no copies).
- Please note: Stake bed, box trucks, moving vans, and flat bed trucks are not acceptable. These must go to 121 RDF and are subject to a charge.
(Visits limited to 2 times per month, with required ID)
Limited Visits: Two per household each month.
Need a copy of your water bill? Call Utility Billing at (972) 292-5575.
Construction waste must be taken directly to:
121 Regional Disposal Facility
3820 Sam Rayburn Highway
Melissa, TX 75454
Click for Map
Please call Environmental Services at (972) 292-5900 before taking materials to the 121 Regional Disposal Facility as charges may apply.
To avoid drop off charges contact Environmental Services, a letter will be provided to residents waiving these costs.
*Construction materials, dirt, sod, and soil and all other loads must all be covered before transporting to the 121 Regional Disposal Facility. No uncovered loads will be accepted in accordance with state law.
For more information about renting a dumpster for residential remodeling, renovation, or spring cleaning-type projects, see Rent-A-Bin Program.