Go Search

Common Violations 

- Animal Complaints
- Building Complaints
- Fences, Decks, Arbors & Accessory Buildings
- Garage Sale Signs
- Grass, Weeds (Tall Vegetation), Tree Limbs & Shrubs
- Home-Based Businesses
- Motor Vehicles & Parking Complaints
- Noise Violation Complaints
- Swimming Pools & Spas
- Trash, Litter & Debris
- Unsafe Structures (abandoned buildings, dilapidated structures, open wells, etc.)

Animal Complaints
Police Communications takes complaints about animals roaming at large in a neighborhood. Police Communications can be reached twenty-four (24) hours a day at 972-292-6010 or via e-mail at police@friscotexas.gov.  Police Communications will make a determination regarding the degree of any animal-related emergencies and contact the appropriate person to respond to the complaint. If you require additional information regarding West Nile virus and other health risks, please contact Health & Food Safety at 972-292-5304.

Building Complaints
Building and/or Fence Permits are required for new construction, including fence installations, room additions & alterations, remodels, roof repairs & installations, etc. If you suspect construction may be occurring without the issuance of a permit, report your concern to the Building Inspection.  You may also leave a voice mail message at 972-292-5301 press '0' or send your concern via e-mail to bldginsp@friscotexas.gov or code@friscotexas.gov.  A Building Inspector or Code Enforcement Officer will need the Complete Street Address or cross-street location to research and inspect the property.

Building site complaints (i.e., builder trash & debris, erosion control, mud in street, etc.) can be reported to Building Inspections by contacting a Customer Service Representative at 972-292-5301 press '0', or email bldginsp@friscotexas.gov.

Fences, Decks, Arbors & Accessory Buildings
Property owners are responsible for maintenance of accessory structures, decks, fences, etc. on their property. Fences that lean, have missing slats or posts, or decayed are in violation. Anyone who installs a fence, deck, arbor or other accessory structure must obtain a Building Permit prior to construction. Fence Permits are required prior to the construction of new and replacement fences. You may obtain a Building Permit and/or Fence Permit from Building Inspection.

Garage Sale Signs
Garage Sale Signs do not require the issuance of a Sign Permit. A Garage Sale Sign shall not be erected earlier than 6:00am on the Friday before the garage sale and must be removed by 6:00pm on the Sundays following the garage sale held during the same weekend.  Garage Sale Signs shall not be erected Monday through Thursday.

Garage Sale Signs are allowed to be installed on private residential property with the consent of the property owner.  Do not place Garage Sale Signs on fences, poles, trees or railings. Make sure the signs do not contain any balloons, streamers or similar materials. Garage Sale Signs must not block drivers’ visibility and should be placed 10 to 15 feet from the curb or street pavement. Do not decorate and/or park a vehicle at an intersection, or place signs on a vehicle, to advertise for a garage sale.

You may contact Code Enforcement at 972-292-5302 or a Customer Service Representative at 972-292-5301.  Press '0', if you have questions.

Grass, Weeds (Tall Vegetation), Tree Limbs & Shrubs
Property owners and residents are responsible for the maintenance of their yards, easements and alleyways. Ground vegetation cannot exceed twelve (12”) inches. Tree limbs and shrubs must not obstruct drivers’ visibility. Alleys and sidewalks must be kept free of overhanging limbs and branches. Property owners who regularly cultivate (plant crops) their properties are required to mow the outer perimeters and maintain the right-of-way adjacent to their properties.

To report a complaint regarding tall vegetation, contact the Code Enforcement at 972-292-5302 or via e-mail to code@friscotexas.gov .

Home-Based Businesses
A resident may operate a business within a residential home as long as the home-based occupation meets the requirements of the Home Occupation Ordinance. For additional questions regarding the Home Occupation Ordinance, please call 972-292-5350. To report a Home Occupation violation, contact Code Enforcement at 972-292-5302 or via e-mail at code@friscotexas.gov.

Motor Vehicles & Parking Complaints
Complaints regarding vehicular parking and/or motor vehicles (boats, recreational vehicles, trailers, etc.) or other vehicular concerns, should be directed to the  Police Department at 972-292-6010.

Guests who visit from outside Collin or Denton counties may request a Visitor On-Street Parking Permit from the Police Department for a temporary period of time not to exceed five (5) days.

Noise Violation Complaints
Noise violations (i.e., barking dogs, construction site machinery, loud music, etc.) may be reported to the Police Department at 972-292-6010.

Swimming Pools & Spas
Complaints regarding public, semi-public or private swimming pools and/or spas may be reported to Health & Food Safety at 972-292-5304 or e-mail to health@friscotexas.gov. This includes pools and/or spas that lack regular maintenance; inadequate gate operation; and improperly installed or dilapidated fences and/or barriers.

Trash, Litter & Debris
All property owners, residents, and businesses are required to keep their property clean and free of trash and hazardous items, and to properly dispose of and/or discard debris. Litter, appliances, combustible materials, hazardous chemicals, vehicle parts, construction & landscape materials, tires, and other unsafe, unsanitary and/or unsightly matter are objectionable. To report a complaint regarding trash, debris or other unsightly matter at a property, contact Code Enforcement at 972-292-5302 or send your concerns via e-mail to code@friscotexas.gov.

For trash pickup or receptacle requests, please contact Environmental Services at 972-292-5900.

Unsafe Structures
Complaints regarding dangerous structures such as open wells, storm shelters, dilapidated buildings or fences may be reported to Code Enforcement at 972-292-5302 or via e-mail to code@friscotexas.gov. The structure may require demolition or securing from entry to prevent safety hazards. If there is an immediate safety issue regarding an unsafe structure or unsecured pool, contact Code Enforcement at 972-292-5302 during regular business hours. You may also call the Police Department at 972-292-6010. Police Communications will contact an “on-call” Code Enforcement Officer to inspect the property.

City of Frisco, Texas
George A. Purefoy Municipal Center

6101 Frisco Square Blvd
Frisco, Texas 75034
Find Us

All Rights Reserved. 2011 City of Frisco, Texas