Go Search


Q. What is a 100-year floodplain?
A. It is the area of land inundated by floodwaters from a storm that has a 1 percent probability of being equal to or exceeded in any given year.

Q. How do I know if my house is in the floodplain?
A. Visit the FEMA Map Service Center https://msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FemaWelcomeView?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&userType=G and search for your address.  If you have additional questions, contact Engineering Services at (972) 292-5400.

Q. What is the difference between FEMA-designated zones A, AE and X?

A. Zone A is an area of the 100-year floodplain that has not been studied in sufficient detail to determine the water surface elevation of the 100-year flood. Zone AE is the area of the 100-year floodplain with the elevation of the 100-year flood available and the floodway designated. Zone X is an area inundated by the 500-year storm or areas outside of land inundated by the 500-year storm.

Q. I have an easement on my property, what is it for?

·         General utility easement - this is for any underground or above ground utility such as gas, electric, water, sewer, etc.

·         Specific utility easement (such as electric easement or water easement) – this is for that specific utility only. (A gas line cannot be in a water easement.)

·         Access easement – grants access across the property to serve another property.

·         Drainage easement – this is for anything stormwater-related, including the following:

       Underground storm sewer including inlets and outfalls.

       Above ground drainage, such as a channel or a flume.

       Floodplain – As property is developed, a drainage easement is dedicated to protect the floodplain.

       Detention/retention – A drainage easement is dedicated to cover detention ponds and underground detention structures.

City of Frisco, Texas
George A. Purefoy Municipal Center

6101 Frisco Square Blvd
Frisco, Texas 75034
Find Us

All Rights Reserved. 2011 City of Frisco, Texas