Headquarters Drive, southbound DNT frontage road and two alternating Sam Rayburn Tollway lanes in both directions to close Friday night through Monday morning, August 12 - 15
Northbound DNT main lanes to close overnight Friday and Saturday but reopen during the day to improve traffic flow
(August 11, 2011) Crews working to complete the placement of multi-ton steel bridge beams on the Sam Rayburn Tollway (SRT)/Dallas North Tollway (DNT) interchange will close Headquarters Drive in Plano, the southbound DNT frontage road and two alternating lanes in both directions of the SRT this weekend.
These closures are required for the safety of the traveling public as workers use large cranes to hoist and set steel bridge beams for a new bridge connecting the southwest-bound SRT main lanes to the southbound DNT main lanes.
In addition, crews will close the northbound DNT main lanes overnight on Friday and again Saturday. Delays are possible, and motorists are encouraged to avoid the closure area by using streets adjacent to the SRT/DNT interchange as alternate routes.
Details are as follows...
From 11 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12, until 8 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, and again from 11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, until 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 14:
- All northbound DNT main lanes will be closed between Headquarters Drive in Plano and Gaylord Parkway in Frisco.
- The northbound DNT entrance ramp near Headquarters Drive in Plano will be closed but the northbound DNT entrance ramp at Gaylord Parkway in Frisco will remain open.
- The northbound-to-southbound DNT frontage road U-turn at the SRT also will be closed.
From 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12, continuously through 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 15:
- East and westbound Headquarters Drive will be closed between Communications Parkway and the northbound DNT frontage road.
- The southbound DNT frontage road will be closed at Headquarters Drive.
From 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12, continuously through 9 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 14:
- Two alternating main lanes will be closed on the northeast and southwest-bound SRT between Legacy Drive and Preston Road; one SRT main lane will remain open to traffic.
Detour routes (see attached map):
- Northbound DNT traffic will exit at Headquarters Drive and use the northbound DNT frontage road. To reenter the northbound DNT, drivers may use the entrance ramp just south of Gaylord Parkway.
- Motorists wishing to access northeast-bound SRT can take the northbound DNT frontage road to eastbound Headquarters Drive, to northbound Parkwood Boulevard. From there, they may use the northeast-bound SRT frontage road to access the SRT entrance ramp east of Parkwood Boulevard.
- East and westbound traffic that typically use Headquarters Drive will use Legacy Drive or Tennyson Parkway as alternate routes.
- Southbound DNT frontage road motorists accessing Headquarters Drive will take the northeast-bound SRT frontage road to southbound Parkwood Boulevard, continuing on to Headquarters Drive.
- Southbound DNT frontage road motorists re-accessing the DNT frontage road south of the closure area will take the northeast-bound SRT frontage road to southbound Parkwood Boulevard, to westbound Legacy Drive, continuing to the southbound DNT frontage road. Or, they can take the southwest-bound SRT frontage road to southbound Legacy Drive, continuing to the southbound DNT frontage road. _________________________________________________________________
The contractor will place electronic message boards and detour route signs to inform motorists and guide them through the closures. All closures are subject to weather conditions and will be rescheduled if necessary.
The NTTA appreciates the public’s patience during the ongoing interchange construction and reminds everyone to use extra precaution while driving through the work zones.
For more information about upcoming lane closures and traffic-related news along NTTA roadways, go to the “Lane/Ramp Closures” listing at www.ntta.org or call (214) 224-3030.