Southwest-bound SRT exit ramp to Legacy Drive to reopen Saturday night, May 21: exit ramp to Parkwood Boulevard to close the same night for three months
(May 18, 2011) On the night of Saturday, May 21, crews constructing the SRT/DNT interchange will reconfigure the traffic patterns at two SRT exit ramps in order to complete critical work on the project.
· The southwest-bound SRT exit ramp to Legacy Drive will reopen after a long-term closure that allowed crews to build new bridge support structures.
· The southwest-bound SRT exit ramp to Parkwood Boulevard will close for approximately three months so that the contractor may build similar bridge support structures in that location.
· Southbound SRT motorists may exit earlier, to Preston Road, or later, to Legacy Drive.
Parkwood Boulevard to be closed three nights in a row starting Monday, May 23
All lanes of Parkwood Boulevard will be closed underneath the SRT three nights in a row next week so that crews may set concrete beams for the SRT/DNT interchange project.
This closure is scheduled from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly on Monday, May 23, Tuesday, May 24, and Wednesday, May 25 (ending at 5 a.m. Thursday, May 26).
* Traffic on northbound Parkwood Boulevard may take the northeast-bound SRT frontage road (SH 121) to northbound Preston Road, to the southwest-bound SRT frontage road, and back to northbound Parkwood Boulevard.
* Northbound Parkwood Boulevard traffic can also make a U-turn at Preston Road and take the southwest-bound SRT frontage road back to northbound Parkwood Boulevard.
* Traffic on southbound Parkwood Boulevard may take the southwest-bound SRT frontage road to the southbound DNT frontage road (Dallas Parkway), to the northeast-bound SRT frontage road, and back to southbound Parkwood Boulevard.
* Traffic can also make a U-turn at the DNT frontage road from the southwest-bound SRT frontage road in order to take the northeast-bound SRT frontage road back to southbound Parkwood Boulevard.
The NTTA coordinated this closure with the cities of Frisco and Plano. Delays are expected, and motorists are urged to avoid the closure area by using streets adjacent to the SRT/DNT interchange as alternate routes.
The contractor will place electronic message boards and detour route signs to inform motorists and guide them through the closures.
All closures are subject to weather conditions and will be rescheduled if necessary. The NTTA appreciates the public’s patience during the ongoing interchange construction and reminds everyone to use extra precaution while driving through the work zones.
For more information about upcoming lane closures and traffic-related news along NTTA roadways, go to the “Lane/Ramp Closures” listing at www.ntta.org or call (214) 224-3030.