Continuing efforts to lift and set multi-ton steel bridge beams on the SRT/DNT interchange will require crews to close all northbound DNT main lanes at the SRT this weekend for the safety of the traveling public. Two left lanes on the northeast-bound SRT frontage road (SH 121) also will be closed, as will the northbound DNT frontage road (Dallas Parkway) underneath the SRT.
To better move traffic through the area, the northbound DNT main lanes will reopen for six hours Saturday. Details are as follows:
From 9 p.m. Friday, July 29, through 3 p.m. Saturday, July 30, and again from 9 p.m. Saturday, July 30, through 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 1:
· All northbound DNT main lanes will be closed between Headquarters Drive in Plano and Gaylord Parkway in Frisco.
· The northbound DNT entrance ramp near Headquarters Drive in Plano will be closed.
· The northbound DNT exit to Gaylord Parkway will be closed (but the northbound DNT entrance ramp at Gaylord Parkway will remain open).
From 9 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday:
· The northbound DNT frontage road (Dallas Parkway) will be closed between the northeast- and southwest-bound SRT frontage roads (SH 121), underneath the SRT.
· The northbound-to-southbound DNT frontage road U-turn at the SRT will be closed.
· The two left lanes on the northeast-bound SRT frontage road will be closed between Spring Creek Parkway and the northbound DNT frontage road.
· The northeast-bound SRT exit ramp to the DNT will be closed.
· Northbound DNT motorists will exit at Headquarters Drive and have several options to access the northbound DNT main lanes after they reach the northbound DNT frontage road.
- Drivers may take the DNT frontage road to the northeast-bound SRT frontage road (SH 121) and make a U-turn at Parkwood Boulevard onto the southwest-bound SRT frontage road. Then they will turn onto the northbound DNT frontage road.
- Or, they can take the DNT frontage road to eastbound Headquarters Drive to access northbound Parkwood Boulevard. Motorists will then turn onto the southwest-bound SRT frontage road, and then turn onto the northbound DNT frontage road.
- As an alternate, motorists may continue northbound on Parkwood Boulevard to westbound Gaylord Parkway to access the DNT.
Delays are expected, and motorists are encouraged to use streets adjacent to the SRT/DNT interchange as alternate routes. Alternate north-south routes in the area include Legacy Drive, Preston Road and Ohio Drive.
The contractor will place electronic message boards and detour route signs to inform motorists and guide them through the closures. All closures are subject to weather conditions and will be rescheduled as necessary.
The NTTA appreciates the public’s patience during the ongoing interchange construction and reminds everyone to use extra precaution while driving through work zones. The interchange is expected to be ready for traffic in January 2012.
For more information about upcoming lane closures and traffic-related news along NTTA roadways, go to the “Lane/Ramp Closures” listing at www.ntta.org or call (214) 224-3030.