No trash or recycling services are provided on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If your service day should fall ON or AFTER one of the above noted holidays within the same week, then your trash/recycling pick up will be provided on the next day.
Monday moves to Tuesday.
Tuesday moves to Wednesday.
Wednesday moves to Thursday.
Thursday moves to Friday.
Friday moves to Saturday.
Memorial Day (Monday, May 27, 2013) is a recognized holiday, so there will be no trash or recycling service. Services will be pushed back one day during the week.
If your regular service day is Monday, then your collection on May 27 will be moved to Tuesday, May 28.
If your regular service day is Tuesday, then your collection on May 28 will be moved to Wednesday, May 29.
If your regular service day is Wednesday, then your collection on May 29 will be moved to Thursday, May 30.
If your regular service day is Thursday, then your collection on May 30 will be moved to Friday, May 31.
If your regular service day is Friday, then your collection on May 31 will be moved to Saturday, June 1.
Christmas Tree Recycling
*All trees in this program will be composted, not placed in a landfill.
- Remove supports, electrical wiring, ornaments, nails and tinsel.
- Place tree at least three feet away from your trash and recycling carts on your regularly scheduled collection day.
- Trees must be 5 feet and/or 60 lbs. or smaller. If the tree is over 5 feet or 60 lbs., it must be cut into sections less than 5 feet or less than 60 lbs.
- Do not cover trees with a plastic bag, as this will prevent pick up.
- Flocked trees (trees with the white snow spray material) are not acceptable in this program. These flocked trees can be collected for a $10 charge by arranging pickup directly through C.W.D. at 972-392-9300.
- Do-It-Yourself disposal is also available for all trees at the Custer Road Transfer Station.