(July 1, 2021) Multiple roads will be closed around Frisco Square starting Friday, July 2, through Sunday, July 4 for Frisco Freedom Fest. The events on July 3 and July 4 will require the closure of different streets on different days.
Special note about parking on July 4:
- Those attend Frisco Freedom Fest will need to use the Shuttle Service and park and ride from either Frisco High School or Frisco Discovery Center to Frisco Square. (see Shuttle Service route map PDF)
- The garage behind the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center will be closed to the general public, except for except for those with ADA placards for handicap parking.
- Additional parking around Frisco Square and in downtown Frisco is available. (see Freedom Fest Parking map PDF)
- Only FC Dallas soccer game ticket-holders are allowed to park at Toyota Stadium.
- The end of the fireworks show on July 4 will create heavy traffic loads that will require the temporary closure of some major roadways around Frisco Square and Toyota Stadium to help facilitate traffic leaving the area.
The successive roadway closures are summarized in the attached maps and are described below:
Road Closures starting July 2
Many of the streets around the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center will be closed starting at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, July 2, and will remain closed all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, July 2-4 (see attached Freedom Fest Road Closure map). Frisco Square Boulevard will be closed between Church Street and Frisco Street, which includes the plaza in front of City Hall and the Frisco Public Library, and Coleman Boulevard will be closed at the north side of the plaza, so all visitors to City Hall and the Public Library will not be able to use Coleman Boulevard to reach the building. In addition, Library Street will be closed between Page Street and Frisco Square Blvd. As a result, motorists will not be able to enter or circulate around the plaza on these days. All visitors to City Hall and the Library will need to park in the free parking garage behind the Municipal Center which is accessible from Page Street.
Road Closures on July 3 / Hotter 'n Firecrackers 5K and Glow Run (See 5K ROAD CLOSURE map PDF)
The Frisco Public Library will be closed on Saturday, July 3, and the road closures described above will be in place all day. Additional roads will be closed at 6:00 p.m. that night in order to accommodate events in the plaza and the 5K race (see attached 5K map PDF). The entire plaza in front of City Hall and the Library will be closed: Library Street will be closed between Frisco Square Boulevard and Cotton Gin Road, and Cotton Gin Road will be closed between Dallas Parkway and Library Street. There will be no vehicular access to the plaza in front of the Municipal Center; however, event participants will be able to access the free parking garage behind the building by approaching it on Page Street from the west. Starting at 6:00 p.m. there will be no direct access to the Library’s book drop-off but Library patrons can drive into the parking garage to park near the book drop-off.
Event participants can park in the parking garage behind the Municipal Center or in the public parking garage west of Coleman Boulevard. Residents and customers of Coleman Boulevard should use Main Street and Coleman Boulevard to access the parking areas behind the Frisco Square businesses. Motorists heading to the Heritage Center and residents who live east of Library Street should use Main Street and John W. Elliott Drive to access their facilities.
Page Street, Library Street, and Cotton Gin Road will reopen by 11:00 p.m. Saturday night. However, the full closure of the plaza in front of the Municipal Center will remain in place into the next day.
Road Closures on July 4 / Frisco Freedom Fest (See ROAD CLOSURE map PDF)
- The Frisco Public Library will be closed on Sunday, July 4, and the parking garage behind the Municipal Center will be closed to the public all day. The book drop drive-through lane behind the building will be open only until 2:00 p.m.
- Coleman Boulevard will be closed starting at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday and will remain closed for the rest of the day. At that time, Frisco Square residents and customers will need to use the parking areas behind the Frisco Square businesses to access the area. The East Frisco Square Parking Lot will only be accessible from a driveway on eastbound Main Street. Westbound motorists can make a u-turn at Coleman Boulevard in order to access this driveway.
- Page Street will be closed between Jacobs and Burlington Streets starting at 2:00 p.m. Residents who live along Page Street should use Burnham Street as an alternate route.
- Eastbound Main Street and eastbound Cotton Gin Road -- between Legacy Drive and Dallas Parkway -- will be closed at 9:30 p.m. in order to move traffic more efficiently out of Toyota Stadium and Frisco Square following the festival and fireworks. Both roads should be open again by about midnight. During this closure, traffic heading east on Main Street should use Legacy Drive to reach either Eldorado Parkway or Stonebrook Parkway to continue eastward. Frisco Square can be reached by using Stonebrook Parkway to northbound Dallas Parkway (and then turning right before reaching Main Street).
- The intersection of Dallas Parkway & Main Street will be partially closed between 9:30 p.m. and midnight to only allow traffic to flow in certain directions away from the event. During this time, motorists will not be able to use this intersection to approach the Frisco Square area. Southbound traffic on Dallas Parkway will be required to turn right onto Main Street; northbound traffic on Dallas Parkway will be required to make a u-turn onto southbound Dallas Parkway, and westbound traffic on Main Street will be required to travel straight west to Legacy Drive. No other traffic movements will be allowed.
- Southbound Frisco Street will be closed between Sports Village Road and Main Street between 9:30 p.m. and midnight. During this closure, southbound traffic should use North County Road as an alternative route to reach the Frisco Square area.
To minimize congestion after the fireworks, exit routes from Toyota Stadium and Frisco Square will be limited in order to reduce the points where traffic flows try to cross each other (see attached Exit Route map PDF). Depending on where they park, Freedom Fest/soccer visitors will be directed onto eastbound or westbound Main Street or north to Eldorado Parkway when they leave the Frisco Square/Toyota Stadium area and then should follow the signs to reach the Dallas North Tollway or Preston Road. Even with these procedures in place, motorists should be prepared for the extra time it will take to exit the area since so many people will be leaving at the same time after the fireworks show.
Motorists can use the Waze app to navigate around road closures:
Click here to learn about Waze or install it on your smartphone.