Boards & Commissions
Now Recruiting Volunteers for the Charter Review Commission
The City of Frisco is accepting applications for (10) members to serve on the Charter Review Commission. Applications will be accepted Friday, February 2, 2018 until Friday March 2, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
If you are interested in serving on the Charter Review Commission the below forms will need to be completed and e-mailed to email@example.com:
1. Charter Review Commission Application
2. Essay Questions
3. Personal Resume
The Ethics Acknowledgment on the application requires each person to read/understand Ordinance 09-04-25 and Ordinance 09-10-62. The link to each Ordinance is below:
Below are the responsibilities of the Commission:
The City Council shall appoint a Charter Review Commission at least once every six (6) years. The Charter Review Commission shall consist of ten (10) citizens of the City who shall:
- Inquire into the operation of the City government under the Charter and determine whether any provisions require revision. To this end, public hearings may be held. The Commission may compel the attendance of any officer or employee of the City and require submission of any City records
- Propose any recommendations it deems desirable to insure compliance with the Charter of the City government; and
- Report its findings and present its recommendations to the City Council.
- The City Council shall receive and have published in the official newspaper of the City a comprehensive summary of the report presented by the Commission, shall consider any recommendations made, and may order any amendments suggested to be submitted to the voters of the City in the manner provided by state law as now written or hereafter amended.
- The term of office of the Commission shall be for not more than six (6) months, at the end of which time a report shall be presented to the City Council and all records of proceedings of the Commission shall be filed with the City Secretary and become a public record.
If you have any additional questions, please e-mail the City Secretary's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.