Driving Safety Course
If you get a ticket for a driving offense, you may be eligible to have the case dismissed by completing a state-approved driving safety course. You must enter a plea of Guilty or No Contest to the offense, submit the required documents, and pay the associated court costs and fees.
IMPORTANT! The court must approve your request before you start a driving safety course.
I got a ticket for a moving violation, can I take the Driving Safety Course (DSC)?
- You must have a valid Texas Driver’s license or permit that is NOT a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL); Exception: Members of the US military forces on active duty and their immediate family.
- You must present proof of financial responsibility (insurance)
- Not have completed a driving safety course for ticket dismissal within the past 12 months prior to the date of your citation.
- Not charged with speeding 25 miles per hour or more over the speed limit.
- Not charged with violating one of the following sections of the Transportation Code (TRC) of the State of Texas:
- TRC Section 472.022 - Construction or maintenance work zone when workers are present
- TRC Section 545.066 - Passing a school bus
- TRC Section 545.401 - Reckless driving
- TRC Section 545.421 - Fleeing or attempting to elude police officers
- TRC Section 550.022 - Accident involving damage to a vehicle
- TRC Section 550.023 - Duty to give information and render aid
- TRC Section 522.003 - Serious traffic violations
How do I request for Driving Safety Course?
- Online. Start your application now.
- By mail. Download and follow the instructions on the Sworn Request for Driving Safety Course(PDF) form.
- In person. Visit the Frisco Municipal Court during regular business hours at 8450 Moore Street, Frisco, TX 75034.
What happens after I get approved ?
- Pay. You will be required to pay the court costs and fees of $144.00 or $169.00 (if in a school zone).
- Sign up and complete a state-approved driving safety course. The driving safety course must be approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR). You can find more information about Driving Safety Courses by going to the TDLR website..
- Order a certified copy of your driving record from the Texas Department of Public Safety in Austin. Order your driving record online.
- Submit the following documents to the court by your 90-day deadline:
- Driving Safety Course Certificate of completion (Court Copy) given by the DSC school or provider; and
- Certified copy of your driving record (Type 3A) from the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- You may submit your DSC Certificate and Driving Record in person, by mail, or online using the DSC Completion Submittal Form.