Everyone in the community has a part in preventing pollutants from entering storm drain inlets where they live and work. The Stormwater Ordinance (PDF) requires certain activities to reduce pollutants. For more help, please use the available resources below.

  1. Commercial and Industrial
  2. Construction Activity

Commercial and Industrial Activities

You may be required to obtain Multi-Sector General Permit coverage from TCEQ. To ensure you are in compliance, please check the TCEQ Small Business and Local Government Assistance website. Those who obtain coverage under that permit can electronically submit the required MS4 notifications to email MS4.

Drainage and Flooding

Several city departments are responsible for different aspects of drainage, depending on the situation. For emergencies related to flooding, please call 911. For non-emergencies:

  • On or along streets and other public property, contact Public Works
  • On developed property, including buildings under construction, contact Building Inspections
  • For floodplain issues, contact Floodplain Administration at 972-292-5438
  • For all other issues, email the Stormwater Manager or call 972-292-5861
Water Resource Zone in a Parking lot
Clean Construction Site
A Water Resource Zone in a parking lot
Fiber Roll Near an Inlet