Food Establishment Requirements

**Note: All applications must be submitted through the Plans and Permits portal, including food establishment renewals.

 The City of Frisco has health ordinance requirements, which differ from State minimum standards.

Permit Types & Fees

Do I need a permit?

Private Events do not require a Food Establishment Permit.

Private Event - An event at which food and / or beverages are offered to participants and that is held on publicly or privately owned premises that is not available for use by the general public and where entry to event is governed by regulations or invitation, or where food and / or beverages are offered, sampled, sold or given only to event volunteers or event staff.


Before a new owner occupies a building or operates a non-fixed food establishment, all requirements of current city ordinances must be met. This means an existing restaurant and building it is in must be brought up to code if it does not meet current standards. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Equipment;
  • Fixtures such as sinks; 
  • Grease traps and interceptors; 
  • Flooring, wall and ceiling finishes; 
  • Outdoor enclosures;
  • Outside storage receptacles; 
  • Restrooms

To help in determining what permit is needed, please see the Health Application Packet provided in English and Spanish.

Change of ownership or name change only requires a Certificate of Occupancy and new Food Establishment permit.

For information on a food establishment not listed here, please contact Health & Food Safety at 972-292-5304, or via email Health and Food Safety.

Reference Documents