- Public Works
- Environmental Services
- New Residents
New Resident Trash & Recycling
Environmental Services is here to help with your trash and recycling needs as you move into your new home.
We know you are going to have a lot of boxes and packing paper from the move. To assist, we offer a one-time free collection for these items. Just give us a call at 972-292-5900 to get on the schedule.
Cardboard Recycling Pick-up (one-time service for new residents).
- Empty, flatten, and bundle cardboard boxes with rope or twine.
- Bundles can be up to 50 lbs each.
- For packing paper, place in an assembled box. Any trash, plastics, Styrofoam or non-paper material will result in a non-collection.
Let’s Check on Your Carts.
If your home is a new build, we will deliver carts to your home within 8 business days from your move-in date. If you are moving into an existing home, make sure you have only one blue recycling cart and one black trash cart. If you have more than one, this will cause your bill to be higher. If you would like the extra carts, you are welcome to keep them and the corresponding fee will appear on your utility bill. If you do not need the extra carts, please give us a call at 972-292-5900, and we will get that removed for you and you will not be charged.
Please make sure your address is written on the cart. This helps when we have high winds or storms and carts might travel down the alley or street. There is a cost to replace lost carts.
As for your regular services, Included in the Solid Waste Base Fee is the collection of one 95-gallon black Trash Cart, one 95-gallon blue Recycle Cart, and the ability to set out up to ten paper yard bags or bundles of Yard Waste. All three of these are serviced weekly without scheduling.
Here is a list of Service Set-out Guidelines to ensure your collection occurs without issue:
- Weekly waste collection placement is in your alley, if you have one or at your curb if you do not.
- Carts and yard waste 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Serviced items should be spaced at least three feet apart and away from other obstacles (fences, gas meter, trees, etc.).
- Contents in trash and recycling carts must be inside the cart with the lid fully closed.
- Secure all trash and small recycling items in plastic bags.
- Trash and recycling out or overflowing from the cart will not be collected.
- For yard waste, use compostable paper bags, rope, or twine to bundle yard waste. No plastic, no tape.
- Paper compostable bags can be used for grass, leaves, plants, small cuttings. No dirt or mulch.
- Limbs must be cut into 3' or shorter sections and bundled with rope or twine, no heavier than 30 lbs per bundle.
Here is an example of what set out should look like. Notice all items are three feet from each other and all other obstacles.
To find out when your regular service day will be, Recycling, Trash, and Outdoor Watering Schedule (PDF) and enter your address in the interactive map below. The map will tell you your regular service day of the week as well as which week your Bulk Trash can be scheduled for collection.
Recycling and Trash Service Days
The City of Frisco also offers a Bulk Waste Collection for large items. Just give us a call at 972-292-5900 for customer services or e-mail us at [email protected] to get on the schedule.
- Scheduled on either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th service day of the month (Please refer to schedule above).
- Up to 5 bulky items may be listed on schedule.
- This service is intended for furniture or single items too large for trash cart.
- This service will not collect extra boxes, recycling, bags of trash, yard waste, construction debris, electronics, or appliances.
If you have Extra Material to Dispose of, The City of Frisco offers Drop-off Services as well.
Household chemicals and electronics, and trash drop-offs require your current Frisco water bill and matching ID.
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Environmental Collection Center (6616 Walnut Street).
Extra recycling goes into the painted dumpsters: plastic bottles and jugs, paper, glass bottles and jars, cardboard, and cans.
Special item recycling goes into trailer or bin labeled for:
- Cardboard (Flattened)
- Plastic Bags
- Household Batteries
- Clothing Donations
- Motor or Cooking Oil
We suggest having your items broken down and separated before coming to the drop off location.
Household Chemicals and Electronics
Wednesdays 2 p.m. -6 p.m. Saturdays 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. or Friday by appointment only at the Environmental Collection Center (6616 Walnut Street).
- Household Chemicals: paints, lawn chemicals, automotive chemicals, cleaning agents, and aerosols.
- Electronics: televisions, laptops, computers, monitors, cell phones, cords, lights, and batteries.
- Metal: appliances, metal lawn furniture, exercise equipment, and grills.
Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. at any North Texas Municipal Water District Transfer Station (4030 W. Plano Pkwy and 9901 Custer Rd).
If you still have any questions, please feel free to check our website or give us a call at 972-292-5900.