- Human Resources
- COVID-19 Info for Employees
COVID-19 Info for Employees
After discussion with the City Manager's Office, there has been several changes related to COVID exposure and illness.
- Employees who have remaining Emergency Sick Leave from the 80 hours that was provided at the onset of the COVID pandemic, will see any remaining hours of Emergency Sick moved into their sick leave time effective October 11, 2021. Tracking of Emergency Sick Leave for COVID purposes is no longer necessary (employees who have balances of emergency sick will receive a notification of their individual balance transfer to their sick time before October 27, 2021).
- Additionally, for the long-term management of COVID related illness and exposure for civilians (excludes uniformed police and fire) will be treated as any other illness.
- Employees should determine if they should report to work, work at home, or utilize sick leave for exposures.
- Employees who are symptomatic from any illness should stay home and utilize sick time
- The City no longer has a COVID Coordinator that should be contacted. However, employees should continue to exercise precaution and good judgment with regards to contagious illness to help protect yourself and others.
- The City is no longer tracking covid exposures. The employee should notify supervisor or manager of the need for a leave. If the need for leave is more than five days (due to symptoms), the employee should contact the City's Leave Administrator, The Standard, to start a leave of absence claim. The number for the Standard is 866-756-8116 for lost time effective on or after 1/1/2022.
- Positive COVID or possible COVID exposure will be treated as any other illness regardless of vaccine status. Please see guidelines in resources below or at this link: Quarantine-Isolation Period Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- If an employee chooses to have a COVID test, the tests are available at Cigna in-network providers including CVS, Walgreens, Care Now, and your primary care physician.
- The Federal Government has now released free, at-home COVID-19 tests. Details and how-to order the tests can be found here: COVID Home Tests | USPS
COVID-19 RELATED SYMPTOMS
- Fever greater than 99.9 degrees
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Sore Throat
- Muscle aches
- Loss of the sense of smell or taste
COVID VACCINE INCENTIVE FOR ACTIVE CITY EMPLOYEES
Reminder to everyone: Stay vigilant with COVID prevention protocols, CDC guidelines, and your physician recommendations. Currently, the City is providing a $100 incentive for employees (FT, PT, and Seasonal) who have received the COVID vaccine. Employees that have not yet received the vaccine are encouraged to get the vaccine. The vaccine can keep you from getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. The vaccines also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
For ALL MEDICAL-PLAN ENROLLED EMPLOYEES: Medical enrolled employees earn the $100 incentive by uploading a copy of his or her vaccination card on the Asset Health Portal. The $100 will be added to your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) on January 1, 2023 for vaccinations completed on or before 10/31/2022. The vaccination incentive is NOT subject to the $800 maximum. Instructions on how to upload report vaccine completion can be found here: How To Report COVID Vaccine - Asset Health (PDF)
FOR NON-MEDICAL ENROLLED EMPLOYEES (INCLUDES SEASONAL AND PART TIME): Non-medical enrolled employees will receive $115 (subject to taxes) through regular payroll on your January 6, 2023 payroll check. Employee must be an active employee on December 31, 2022 to receive the incentive. To earn the incentive for the January 6, 2023 paycheck Employees must report their full vaccination by December 9, 2022. Email a copy of your vaccination card to [email protected].
One incentive per employee. You must be fully vaccinated. For Pfizer and Moderna you must complete both shots.
-Quarantine-Isolation Period Quick Reference Guide
- FriscoLink COVID-19 Employee Information
- City of Frisco Coronavirus Information Page