Why Frisco? Home to 200,000+
Three decades of residential and commercial growth, and the Frisco boom hasn't stopped yet. The U.S. Census Bureau placed Frisco's population at 6,582 in the 1990 Census. While 2020 Census numbers are not available just yet, Frisco's estimated population is 203,794 as of November 1, 2020. That's a nearly 3,000% population increase over 30 years!
Why We Chose Frisco...
Three families explain in their own words why they chose to call Frisco home. Their recent relocation to a Frisco address places them among the residents who helped the city top 200,000 in population. Their 'whys' will resonate with many who have moved here over the years.
THE HERRERO FAMILY - A Safe Community
"I remember the first couple nights that we lived here. I remember telling him how much safer I felt almost immediately." -Taylor Herrero[ WATCH THE HERRERO FAMILY'S STORY ]
THE CLARKS - Fun with Family"Our ‘why’ is our grandbabies. We just love Frisco. It’s beautiful and it’s modern and we just thought it was such a vibrant city." - Christina Clark
THE IYERS - Opportunities to Thrive
"I’m in healthcare IT and I see there are a lot of opportunities here; and also, there are a lot of companies moving to Dallas-Frisco recently, so we feel overall the job opportunities are great as well." - Krithika Iyer
[ WATCH THE IYERS' STORY ]
WHY have folks from near and far flocked to Frisco over the years? Below are just a few benefits of living here!
Amenities: Frisco has so many things to see and do!
- 1,600 acres of park land and 90 miles of hike & bike trails
- Sports City USA: 5 professional sports teams
- Future home of the PGA of America's headquarters
- Shopping, dining and museums
Cost of living: The City's tax rate of $0.4466 represents one of the lowest property tax rates among Texas cities with a population of 50,000+.
City of Frisco Demographics, Links & Accolades
- City of Frisco At a Glance 2020 (PDF)
- Visit Frisco
- Frisco Economic Development
- Play Frisco
- Frisco Public Library
- Public Private Partnerships
- Traffic Innovations
- Frisco Television Network (FTVN)
- #1 Best Place to Buy a House in America - WalletHub, 2021
- Top 20 Most Livable Mid-Sized Cities - SmartAsset, 2020
- No. 1 Highest Job Growth among Mid-Sized Cities - WalletHub, 2020 & 2019
- No. 1 Best Place to Live in America - Money Magazine, 2018
- Top 25 Best Place in U.S. for First-Time Homebuyers - WalletHub, 2020
- No. 1 Best Places to Live in Texas, - WalletHub, 2018
- No. 2 Best Place to Raise a Family in Texas - SmartAsset, 2018
- Top 10 Safest Cities in America - SmartAsset, 2018
- No. 1 Most Successful Cities in America - Zippia.com, 2016
- Best Place to Raise an Athlete - Men's Journal, 2011 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>