Open Frisco, Open Texas
Governor Abbott Prohibits Government Entities from Mandating Masks - Effective May 21
(March 18, 2021) Governor Greg Abbott issued an Executive Order prohibiting government entities, including a county, city, school district and public health authority, and officials from mandating face coverings in response to the COVID-19 disaster. Read the full Executive Order GA-36 (PDF)
- Public schools may continue to follow policies regarding the wearing of face coverings to the extent reflected in current guidance by the Texas Education Agency, until June 4, 2021.
- State supported living centers, government-owned hospitals, and government operated hospitals may continue to use appropriate policies regarding the wearing of face coverings;
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice, the Texas Juvenile Justice Department, and any county and municipal jails acting consistent with guidance by the Texas Commission on Jail Standards may continue to use appropriate policies regarding the wearing of face coverings.
Governor Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate, Opens Texas 100 Percent - Effective March 10.
- Businesses may still limit capacity or implement additional safety protocols at their own discretion.
- If COVID-19 hospitalizations in our region rises above 15% for seven consecutive days, a County Judge may impose COVID-19 restrictions; however those COVID-19 restrictions may not reduce capacities below 50% for any entity.
Resources for Small Businesses
- Learn more from the Frisco Economic Development Corporation’s resource webpage.
- Update on US Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Texas Workforce Commission resources for Employers
- CDC Resources for Businesses and Employers
Resources for Texas Workers
- Unemployment: The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) encourages you to apply for benefits by utilizing the online claim portal, or by calling the Tele-Center at 1-800-939-6631 any day between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. if you your employment.
- Job seekers: Visit TWC’s webpage or discover which businesses are hiring in our area by visiting WorkInTexas.com.
- Need training? For training or assistance in finding a job, job seekers can connect with local workforce and job resources including Workforce Solutions North Central Texas which serves our area.
Open Texas: Texans Helping Texans
- The Governor’s Report to Open Texas (PDF) (Governor Greg Abbott, April 27, 2020)
- Governor's Strike Force to Open Texas
Visit our Local Grants page to learn more about the City of Frisco county-based grants available to qualified Frisco residents and businesses negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.