Declarations, Notices and Orders
Governor Abbott Issues Executive Order Providing Clarity And Uniformity In The State’s COVID-19 Response (July 29, 2021)
(July 29, 2021) Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Order GA-38 combining several existing COVID-19 executive orders to promote statewide uniformity and certainty in the state's COVID-19 response. Read the full Executive Order GA-38 (PDF)
Governor Abbott Prohibits Government Entities from Mandating Masks - Effective May 21
(March 18, 2021) Governor Greg Abbott issued an Executive Order prohibiting government entities, including a county, city, school district and public health authority, and officials from mandating face coverings in response to the COVID-19 disaster. Read the full Executive Order GA-36 (PDF)
- Public schools may continue to follow policies regarding the wearing of face coverings to the extent reflected in current guidance by the Texas Education Agency, until June 4, 2021.
- State supported living centers, government-owned hospitals, and government operated hospitals may continue to use appropriate policies regarding the wearing of face coverings;
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice, the Texas Juvenile Justice Department, and any county and municipal jails acting consistent with
guidance by the Texas Commission on Jail Standards may continue to use appropriate policies regarding the wearing of face coverings.
Governor Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate, Opens Texas 100 Percent - Effective March 10 (March 2, 2021)
Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Order lifting the mask mandate in Texas and increasing capacity of all businesses and facilities in the state to 100 percent - Effective Wednesday, March 10. Read the full Executive Order GA-34 (PDF) (March 2, 2021)
Current public health disaster declarations, orders and guidelines issued by local city and county leaders.
City of Frisco
- Frisco City Council amended its Emergency Ordinance (PDF) continuing the Mayor's amended disaster declaration of public health emergency. This ordinance expired March 2, 2021
- The Frisco City Council approved an Emergency Ordinance to extend the Mayor’s amended declaration through April 8 (PDF). (March 20, 2020) Learn more about what changes are in effect with this declaration.
- Mayor Jeff Cheney issued an amended declaration of local disaster for public health emergency (PDF) to align with Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order (March 19, 2020)
- City of Frisco Mayor Jeff Cheney declares a local state of disaster for public health emergency in cooperation with Collin County and neighboring cities. (March 16, 2020)
There are currently not any active Collin County Executive Orders regarding COVID-19. Visit the Collin County Health Care Services News and Advisories webpage for prior public health emergency declarations and executive orders.
- Denton County Disaster Declaration extended through March 30, 2021 (PDF) (Expires March 10, 2021, along with Governor's EO GA-34)
State of Texas (Updated - March 10, 2021)
Current statewide declarations, executive orders, protocols and guidelines issued by state leaders and agencies. This is not an exhaustive list and for further information please visit the respective agency's website.
Office of the Governor
- Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Order GA-36 (PDF) prohibiting government entities and officials from mandating masks, effective Friday, May 21. (May 18, 2021)
- Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Order GA-34 (PDF) lifting the mask mandate in Texas and increasing capacity of all businesses and facilities in the state to 100 percent, Effective Wednesday, March 10. (March 2, 2021)
- Governor Abbott Extends Statewide Disaster Declaration For COVID-19 (March 6, 2021)
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott declares statewide public health disaster and issues Executive Order No. GA-08 (PDF) related to COVID-19 preparedness and mitigation effective 11:59 p.m., March 20, 2020. (March 19, 2020)
Governor's Strike Force to Open Texas
- Checklists providing specific guidance for different types of businesses, venues, facilities, employers and customers.
Texas Department of State Health Services
- Current list of areas with high COVID-19 hospitalizations as defined by Executive Order GA-31 as amended.
- Minimum Recommended Health Protocols, which includes specific health protocols for a variety of business types, venues, facilities, employers and customers.
- State Health Commissioner John Hellerstedt issued a public health disaster declaration on Thursday, March 19. Read the declaration (PDF).