Declarations, Notices and Orders
NEW: Governor Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate, Opens Texas 100 Percent - Effective March 10 (March 2, 2021)
Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Order lifting the mask mandate in Texas and increasing capacity of all businesses and facilities in the state to 100 percent - Effective Wednesday, March 10. Read the full Executive Order GA-34 (PDF) (March 2, 2021)
Current public health disaster declarations, orders and guidelines issued by local city and county leaders.
City of Frisco
- Frisco City Council amended its Emergency Ordinance (PDF) continuing the Mayor's amended disaster declaration of public health emergency. This ordinance expired March 2, 2021
- The Frisco City Council approved an Emergency Ordinance to extend the Mayor’s amended declaration through April 8 (PDF). (March 20, 2020) Learn more about what changes are in effect with this declaration.
- Mayor Jeff Cheney issued an amended declaration of local disaster for public health emergency (PDF) to align with Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order (March 19, 2020)
- City of Frisco Mayor Jeff Cheney declares a local state of disaster for public health emergency in cooperation with Collin County and neighboring cities. (March 16, 2020)
There are currently not any active Collin County Executive Orders regarding COVID-19. Visit the Collin County Health Care Services News and Advisories webpage for prior public health emergency declarations and executive orders.
- Denton County Disaster Declaration extended through March 30, 2021 (PDF) (Expires March 10, 2021, along with Governor's EO GA-34)
State of Texas (Updated - March 10, 2021)
Current statewide declarations, executive orders, protocols and guidelines issued by state leaders and agencies. This is not an exhaustive list and for further information please visit the respective agency's website.
Office of the Governor
- Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Order GA-34 (PDF) lifting the mask mandate in Texas and increasing capacity of all businesses and facilities in the state to 100 percent, Effective Wednesday, March 10. (March 2, 2021)
- Governor Abbott Extends Statewide Disaster Declaration For COVID-19 (March 6, 2021)
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott declares statewide public health disaster and issues Executive Order No. GA-08 (PDF) related to COVID-19 preparedness and mitigation effective 11:59 p.m., March 20, 2020. (March 19, 2020)
Governor's Strike Force to Open Texas
- Checklists providing specific guidance for different types of businesses, venues, facilities, employers and customers.
Texas Department of State Health Services
- Current list of areas with high COVID-19 hospitalizations as defined by Executive Order GA-31 as amended.
- Minimum Recommended Health Protocols, which includes specific health protocols for a variety of business types, venues, facilities, employers and customers.
- State Health Commissioner John Hellerstedt issued a public health disaster declaration on Thursday, March 19. Read the declaration (PDF).