Contractor Registration Information
Contractors must register with Building Inspections prior to doing work in Frisco. To register, submit an online registration application, insurance information, and a copy of master's license(s), and pay registration fees. When registered, an "R-Number" is provided and expires one (1) year from date issued.
Note: All information is required and subcontractors must be validated prior to permit issuance to begin any work in the City of Frisco, Texas or ETJ, when applicable.
This is Building Inspections’ online permit tracking system that contractors may use to view permit status, request inspections, and search information, such as currently-registered contractors authorized to work in Frisco.
Inspection Requests and Inspection Cancellations
- Online using eTRAKiT before 7 a.m. on the day of inspection. The telephonic inspection request line is discontinued effective March 1, 2021.
- Inspection cancellations are required before 8 a.m. To request an inspection cancellation, the assigned inspector must be contacted to discuss the cancellation fee(s) and purpose for cancellation. Building Inspector Contact Information (PDF)
Permit cancellations may be requested and will be considered by the Building Official or authorized designee. A permit cancellation request shall be submitted electronically using a valid contractor’s Registration Number (or permit holder’s) and email address on file at Building Inspections, including contact information and signature.
Permit cancellation request shall include:
- Today’s date,
- Permit cancellation date (date the work stopped),
- Permit Number,
- Property address (where work is to be cancelled),
- Reason for permit cancellation, and
- Permit holder’s email address will be sufficient if it is from applicant who makes a permit cancellation request.