Announcements & News
2024 Benefits Information:
New Benefits for 2024: We are adding 4 new Voluntary Benefits:
- Cigna Accident Coverage
- Cigna Hospitalization
- ID Shield Pre-Paid Legal
- ID Shield Identity Theft
Regarding Wellness Premium Incentives - Discount Medical Deductions:
- Our Wellness Administrator is still processing wellness actions submitted up until 10/31/2023. We will get final reporting and account for any wellness discount earned for 2024 in your benefits as we process Open Enrollment.
- New Hires hired after 11/2/2023, you are grandfathered for wellness incentives. We will add the wellness incentive to your benefits upon processing. You are grandfathered to earn this for the 2024 calendar year.
- All other employees, check your www.assethealth.com/Frisco portal to track incentive status. You will know if you earned the discount towards your medical deductions for 2024 based on the incentives displayed.
Health Plan Changes for 2024:
- Health Insurance premiums are increasing by 5% (the first time we have raised the rates in 7 years).
- Primary care copays are increasing to $30 and Specialist copays are increasing to $40.
- Cigna health ID cards will be online for 2024: Have your ID card handy
- Changes to the Wellness Program for the 2023-2024 Wellness Year. These are for incentives offered in 2025.
- You will still need to complete your biometrics and cotinine screening by 10/31/2024.
- You will no longer need to meet your Healthy measures for 2025 incentives.
- By completing your biometrics and cotinine (or smoking alternative program) you will be eligible for your premium discounts and HRA dollars.
- The Employee Wellness Clinic will manage our Wellness Program going forward, not Asset Health starting 11/1/2023 forward. Asset Health will maintain your wellness portal for you to download any historical data and biometrics for your own record until the end of January 2024.
Keep In Mind for 2024:
- Health Reimbursement dollars earned from the recent Wellness Program will post to your Cigna HRA account on January 1, 2024
- All Full-time employees have access to the EWC and all medical enrolled dependents can utilize the EWC (no action required)
- Employee Wellness Center (EWC) Full-time employees – if you would like your NON-medical enrolled (City medical plan) eligible dependents to be able to utilize the Employee Wellness Center, you must go into ESS and enroll your dependents in the benefit option EWC
- Changes you make during open enrollment are effective on January 1, 2024
Benefit Information, forms, links and more can be viewed at www.friscotexas.gov/benefits.
Benefit questions? Email: [email protected]
|Wednesday, November 1, 2023||Start of 2023 - 2024 Wellness Year||12:00am||This is the start of the new wellness year for the City. Employees will work on completing wellness actions between 11/1/2023 - 10/31/2024. This all aims towards earning wellness incentives offered in 2025.||Wellness Program|
|Saturday, December 2, 2023||Frosty 5K||9 a.m.||Play Frisco hosts the 2023 Frosty 5K and Merry Mile. Registration for this event is required prior to the race start. HR will incentivize the event with a $25 gift card to any full-time City of Frisco employee that registers and completes the 5K portion of this event.||Frosty 5K|
|Sunday, December 31, 2023||Last Day to Utilize 2023 Healthcare FSA dollars||11:59 p.m.||This is the last day you can access any healthcare flexible spending account dollars you designated for the account for 2023 with the health spending debit card. Balances must be below the set carry-over rate for the calendar year. All balances above the carry-over rate will be forfeited.||Flexible Spending Page|
|Tuesday, January 30, 2024||Last Day to Submit Reimbursement Requests Towards 2023 FSAs||11:59 p.m.||Cigna allows 30 days after the previous tax year to file any reimbursement requests towards the 2023 FSA accounts. This allows you to claim from any remaining balances in the account. This deadline pertains to both 2023 Healthcare FSA and 2023 Dependent Care FSA.||Flexible Spending Page|