- Public Works
- Environmental Services
- About Your Services
- Residential Yard Waste
Residential Yard Waste
Residential yard waste disposal is provided by Waste Connections. Curbside yard waste is a once-a-week pick-up on the same day as your recycle and trash day.
For any questions or concerns please contact Frisco Environmental Services 972-292-5900.
Curbside Yard Waste is easy in the City of Frisco. Please follow these guidelines:
- Have your bags and bundles out by 7 a.m. on your recycle and trash day.
- Place bags and bundles 2 to 3 feet away from obstacles and trash and recycle bins.
- Only use compostable paper bags, rope, or twine to bundle yard waste. No plastic.
Texas Pure Products
Yard waste from the curbside program is turned into mulch and compost at Texas Pure Products.
Grass clippings and yard debris should not be placed in your recycling or trash cart. Residents can place up to 10 bags/bundles out for collection each week.
Grass, leaves, plants, small cuttings
- Use paper bags (Plastic bags are not accepted)
- Place three feet away from your cart on your regularly scheduled pick up day.
- Paper bags may be purchased at local grocery, hardware stores.
- Dirt and mulch are not accepted.
- Cut into three foot lengths.
- Tie and bundle with rope or twine (must be compostable).
- Maximum weight not to exceed thirty (30) pounds per bundle.
- Place three feet away from your carts on your regularly scheduled service day.
City of Frisco does not have a program to remove whole or large portions of trees. If you’ve contracted trimming or removal from a private company, please check and see if they include haul-away fees in their charge. Leaving cut down trees on your property or on the street is a code violation and can result in a fine. Please be sure to have a plan for disposal in mind when trimming and removing trees.
If you have yard waste that does not fit into these size guidelines you make haul it yourself to the Custer Road Transfer Station at 9901 Custer Road in Plano. You get 2 free drop-offs per month with your current Frisco water bill and driver’s license. For more information visit: Do It Yourself Trash Disposal.
Holiday Tree Recycling
The City of Frisco provides curbside holiday tree recycling to all residents for their convenience. All live trees collected will be recycled (made into compost and mulch). Trees MUST comply with the following guidelines to ensure pickup:
- Do cut trees over 5 feet high into sections - no more than 4 feet in length or 60 lbs each.
- Do not cover tree with a plastic bag, as this will prevent pickup.
- Do place trees out on regular trash / recycling collection day, at edge of property, at least 3 feet from carts.
- Do remove supports (metal and wood), electrical wiring, lights, tinsel, ornaments and all other decorations.
Flocked trees are not accepted. Flocked trees are sprayed with a chemical to look like they are covered with snow. The chemical component in flocking material prevents composting of these trees.
Tree stumps, roots or shrubs with intact root balls, dirt, soil, mulch, pallets, fencing, and concrete.
These items of construction debris can be taken to the Melissa landfill:
121 Regional Disposal Facility
3820 Sam Rayburn Highway
Melissa, TX 75454
Please call Environmental Services at 972-292-5900 before taking materials to the 121 Regional Disposal Facility as charges may apply. To avoid drop off charges contact Environmental Services, a letter will be provided to residents waiving these costs.
Pallets & Untreated Fencing
Wood pallets and untreated fencing are no longer accepted on regular trash day and are now a part of the Large Item Collection. Collection limited to one pallet or one six foot section of fencing per month. Must be free of concrete and dirt. Call us at 972-292-5900 to schedule a Bulk Pickup.