2015 Comprehensive Plan
Notice: FRISCO SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR NEW COMPREHENSIVE PLAN ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The City of Frisco is seeking 14 residents for a 23 member committee that will help review and update its Comprehensive Plan, laying out a strategy for managing the challenges and opportunities presented by the community’s continuing growth.
The Frisco City Council discussed a selection process to nominate members of the Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee. City officials are accepting applications from potential committee members until Feb. 10. After members are chosen, the group’s work will likely begin in mid-March.
What Is the Comprehensive Plan?
The Comprehensive Plan is a guide for the City's future growth that includes the Future Land Use Plan, Thoroughfare Plan, Parks and Open Space Master Plan, and recommended goals and objectives to carry out the Plan's objectives.
The 2015 Plan was unanimously approved by the Comprehensive Planning Advisory Committee, the Planning & Zoning Commission, and the City Council. Ordinance 15-08-53, effective 8/14/15.
View the 2015 Comprehensive Plan Update (PDF).
- Acknowledgements (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Chapter 1 Executive Summary (PDF)
- Chapter 2 Principles and Actions (PDF)
- Chapter 3 Placemaking and Resiliency (PDF)
- Chapter 4 Land Use (PDF)
- Future Land Use Plan Map (PDF)
- Chapter 5 Economic Policies (PDF)
- Chapter 6 Public Health and Safety (PDF)
- Chapter 7 Ecology and Natural Resources (PDF)
- Chapter 8 Infrastructure (PDF)
- Thoroughfare Plan Map (PDF)
- Chapter 9 Transportation Mobility (PDF)
- Chapter 10 Implementation (PDF)
- Business Park (BP) (PDF)
- Commercial Node (CN) (PDF)
- Industrial Park (IP) (PDF)
- Mixed-Use (MXD) (PDF)
- Suburban Neighborhood (SN) (PDF)
- Suburban Regional Activity Center (SRAC) (PDF)
- Town Center (TC) (PDF)
- Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) (PDF)
- Urban Center (UC) (PDF)
- Urban Center, Brinkmann Ranch (PDF)